thirty-one.

I awake the next day to an empty bed, my first thoughts being where Harry went and if he's still okay.

I stumble out of the sheets on my bed and make my way downstairs. I walk down the staircase, each step a shocking cold as my feet touches it.

I walk into the kitchen to see Harry seated down at the table with a steaming cup of coffee in his hand. He looks towards me and gives off a weak smile.

"Are you okay?" I ask him as I sit across from him.

"Not really. I barely got any sleep because I couldn't stop thinking about her." He sighs, taking a sip of his drink. I can tell that his mind hasn't been off his sister ever since he got the news.

"I'm really sorry about your loss. I wish I could do something to make you feel better." I tell him. I don't like seeing him so down and upset and I would surely prefer the bright and happy Harry that he used to be.

"It's fine. You've done a lot to help me actually. I've never had someone that cares as much as you do and I couldn't thank you enough." He smiles.

"I'm glad I could help." I simply say.

We sit in silence for a bit, me watching him slowly finish off his cup of coffee.

"Are you okay to go to class today?" I ask him.

He slowly shakes his head to the side. "There's no point. I won't be able to focus anyways." He speaks in a low voice, looking down into his empty mug.

"I'll stay with you then. I'll keep you company?" I offer.

"I already made you miss class a couple days ago. I can't keep making you skip." He smiles a bit as he looks me in the eyes.

"I want to though. I won't be able to focus either because I'll be too worried about you." I continue to put up a fight, solely because I want to stay with him.

He laughs a bit, getting up to put his mug in the sink. "Well I guess we can just stay here together. The more the merrier, right?"

I nod, smiling.

"Can I use your shower? I feel disgusting." He asks, a scowl on his face.

"Of course. There are some towels in my closet that you can use."

He thanks me and walks up the stairs to my room. I walk over to the fridge and pull out some milk then get out cereal from the cabinet.

I pour in the cereal and watch as some spills onto the floor.

"I'll get those later." I tell myself and pour in some milk. I grab a spoon and begin to eat my cereal.

My father walks into the kitchen as I sit down at the table.

"Good morning." I smile at him as he sits across from me in the spot that Harry was in minutes ago.

"Good morning." He says, looking through the mail that he has in his hand.

"Anything for me?" I ask, referring to the mail.

He laughs. "You know it's always nothing but junk." He smiles, setting it down on the counter. He then stands up to pour himself a cup of coffee.