Chapter 2

Chris P.O.V.
*********

Charred bodies lay scattered all over. The smoke still rising, indicating this had happened recently. We started walking though the bodies to a metal chair in the middle of the room. Looking over the bodies I spotted a body that was left unburnt and from the looks of it still breathing. I ran towards the body and kneeled next to it, Jill kneeled next to me soon after, putting her fingers to their neck. I looked at her as she gave me a small smile and a nod. They're alive. We flipped the body over revealing a girl. She had long white blonde hair that was black at the ends, that spread out on the floor, some stands framing her thin face. Under her left eye are shadow tattoos trailing from under her eye to her lower cheek, one trailing under her eye the other along the left side. She looked no more older than eighteen. Her clothes were ripped and covered in blood they looked like a sort of school uniform, however it looked extremely baggy on her. Jill lifted her eyelid showing us the umbrella symbol on her iris. The even stranger thing it didn't look tattooed but natural.

"Chris, she's waking up" Jill warned me, as she her eyes fluttered open.

When she saw us, her face showed fear and she started to back up still on her back. When she far enough she rose to her feet and ran towards the door. I ran after her, passed her and blocked the doorway. "Hey, calm down, we're not gonna hurt you" I tried to comfort her but it didn't help as she backed up into Jill. Having being startled she let out a small whimper and ran to the chair and hid behind it.

"Hey, hey, it's okay, we're here to help, now can you come out, it's safe." Jill spoke softly to the girl as if she were a small child. This seemed to work. She stepped out from behind the chair. She stood tall, trying to not look scared, but with doing this her clothes loosened and her trousers...fell, luckily her top was too big for her so it reached her lower thigh. She didn't seem too bothered by the fact she was practically half naked. "Okay, now do you know what happened here"

"No, I remember being tied to that chair then they let those things in" she pointed to the corpses "then they chased me, I ran...and that's it until you found me." She explained

"Okay, we have to go, can you walk?" I asked her, noticing we're losing time.

"Yeah, don't worry I won't slow you down" she said, knowing what I was getting at. Well, she's smart, I'll give her that.

"Okay, let's go!"

We left the room, the hesitated before following us. We walked back though the mansion, to the main doors. Strangely we hadn't come across anymore of them creatures, not even the dogs.

We passed though the entrance heading to the statue room across the hall, already having seen it a few times now we continued on. But looking back at the girl, I saw a look of wonder on her face, like ours when we first saw the extravagant mansion. When she looked back at us, with a face a child would give when they saw something new, I couldn't help but feel a small smile creep on to my face. She's too innocent to be getting involved in something like this.

*timeskip*

We had been wondering for awhile now, Jill was walking with the girl while I lead us though the dark halls."hey, sweetie what's your name?" I heard Jill ask her. To be honest I had been wondering the same thing.

"I...I don't...I don't have one" she answered her voice no louder than a whisper

"What do you mean you don't have one? You look almost eighteen"

"I forgot the name I had before"

"The name you had before? What does that mean?" I asked

"I don't know, but I remember something about a rebirthing and a name...Luna"

"Luna? That's an odd name" Jill said

"Yeah but I like it" the girl said smiling slightly

"Well then if you like, why don't we just call you that and give you a proper name?" I asked her

Her face lit when I said that "yeah...yeah!" She laughed

"Well then, Luna, shall we go"

"Okay, let's go"