Quick Facts

1. To choose the map of your town, when choosing a map in the beginning on the train ride with Rover the cat, use the left and right arrow keys and choose the map you like best for your town. (The recycle sign is Re-Tail, the purple house is the Town Hall, and the starting bridge is there along with the slopes down to the beaches and the usual town layout. Choose wisely for when you go to the Island and come back to sell items at Re-Tail and where you want your house.)

2. Re-Tail buys item for higher prices than Nookling Junction/T.I.Y./Nook Emporium or whatever it's called/Nook Mart or whatever it's called.

3. Four fossils spawn each day in the town under stars on the ground. These can be dug up with a shovel bought at Nookling Junction.

4. Blather's Museum can be on the left or right side of Main Street.

5. Digby stands in front of the Happy Home Academy Showcase in Main Street at a certain point in time. That's where you can see houses from people using StreetPass and can get items from their houses by buying them for your own town's catalog in Nook Mart when it's made.

6. Blathers doesn't go off on tangents. Instead, the museum has the information on the bugs, fossils, art, fish, and deep sea creatures in their own rooms.

7. There's a Public Works Project (PWP) where you can buy a second floor for the museum. This enables Celeste to be on the second floor that used to not exist until the PWP is made and paid for.

8. Shampoodles will be above the Able Sisters' Shop.

9. Kicks will be to the right or left of the Able Sisters shop.

10. Katrina's Fortune Telling shop will be available after a PWP.

11. Redd visits sometimes in a tent on the Town Plaza in the main village and sells fake or real art. You can tell the difference before buying them if you look up the real painting and compare it to the fake one or you can use this book's chapter on Redd's Fake Vs. Real Art.

12. Luna will have a Dream Town shop in Main Street after a PWP when Isabelle sleeps in the Town Hall.

13. You can change the Town Ordinance by sitting in the Mayor's chair in Town Hall. More on that in the chapter of ordinances.

14. Pascal will appear after you catch a scallop in the ocean while diving. He will ask for the scallop and you can give it to him in exchange for something or just keep it and sell it to Re-Tail for money or donate it to the museum.

15. Isabelle will give you advice in the beginning of the game and can give you a fishing rod or net.