f o u r

<10 new messages>
<6 missed calls>

jackson stuffed his phone under the pillow, refusing to even unlock his phone.

he knows that if he opened the messages, he'd probably totally forget about what made him this angry.

he was so tempted to open up the messages and see what they said. he really was.

it wouldn't hurt to just take a little peek right? jackson thought.

he typed in 4 numbers, unlocking his phone.

jackson ah pick up the phone.

please?

I swear I didn't mean to make you this upset.

I just thought it'd be nice for me to get you something but I didn't know what you'd like.

since you come in so regularly, I got you a gift card.

jackson ah

will you come to the playground and meet me?

the one that we met at.

9pm

I'll be waiting.

jackson glanced to the top right hand corner of his phone screen, checking the time.

11pm.

by now, jackson was conflicted.

should he go and see if jaebum is still there? but he feels so dumb.

after being looked down upon like that, he's just going to go crawling back to jaebum?

jackson pulled the blanket over his head in frustration.

he tossed and turned around, unable to sleep.

he reached under his pillow for his phone and tucked youngjae in before slipping on his slippers and walking to the playground.

from about 3 metres away, jackson could see the silhouette of a guy with broad shoulders on the bench, head hung low, dozing off.

he tapped jaebum on the shoulder, making him jump up from the bench.

"jackson!" jaebum exclaimed.

"why... why are you still here." jackson asked, hoping his concern and worries weren't obvious.

"I couldn't risk it."

jackson frowned, "risk what?"

jaebum glanced at his watch with a wry smile,"the possibility that you might come at 2.48am?"

jackson fought the urge to smile.

jaebum pulled jackson into his arms, crushing him in a hug.

"ya what are you doing?" jackson asked, shocked.

"I'm sorry. I'm so so sorry. I didn't mean to make you feel this way I swear." jaebum said, snuzzling into jackson's hair.

but jackson barely heard what jaebum said.

his heart was thumping hard and fast against his chest and his throat was dry.

"this might sound weird and strange and impossible but, I like you." jaebum muttered into jackson's hair.

jackson's heart that was pounding just a few seconds ago seemed to have stopped beating.

did he hear jaebum correctly? he... likes him?

"what do you mean?" jackson asked, his question muffled by jaebum's sweater that he was smushed up against.

"I mean I want to date you."

"but I have a son. you're okay with that?"

"why would I be not okay with that? if you love a house, you will love even the crow that perches on the roof of the house."

"wow. philosophical much?" jackson teased.

jaebum pulled away and leaned in to jackson's face.

just as their lips are about to touch, jackson asked,"are you going to give me a kiss?"

"why? you don't want it?" jaebum teased.

"no it's not that... why so suddenly?"

"we're dating, aren't we?" jaebum cocked an eyebrow.

jaebum ran his index finger over jackson's jaw line, tilting his head up.

he rubbed his thumb softly over jackson's lips.

"you're so beautiful." he whispered as he pressed their lips firmly together.

-

this book is going to be around ten chapters because I have some pretty good plot ideas?

also, do check out my markbum fanfic if you'd like it's completed so don't worry about updates.