Chapter 24

Author's Note: Hey guys! Apologies that this is a week late. It was partly because I wasn't quite sure what I wanted to write and partly because I've been incredibly busy with school and work (it's my first job, and so far, I'm really liking it). But to make up for it, I'm updating twice tonight! Plus, this chapter's really short and I don't like short chapters, so the next one will be longer and up in the next few minutes. I hope you guys like them and thank you so much for reading! -Rachael

After leaving the prison, Patrick didn't have anywhere to go. He couldn't stay with Jane because she was staying with a coworker of hers (since she and Christian were no longer together, and with the way things were left, there was no way she was going back to him - she'd rather be homeless).

So, Patrick went back to the one place he knew he was always welcomed - Pete's house. He knew Pete would've understood, in fact, it's what he wanted. In a court case that dealt with what would happen to his children, Pete refused to let Bronx and Saint be separated and put in foster homes (not to mention that Ashlee had completely detached herself from her relations to Pete and Bronx and wanted nothing to do with them - when targeted for comment on everything that had happened, she told the reporters she didn't care and slammed the door in the their faces). Instead, he wanted Patrick to take custody of them. Since he was presumably going to be in jail for a long time, most likely never seeing the real world again, he wanted his children to be with someone who truly cared about them. And who truly cared about them more than Patrick?

Patrick, at first, declined. He didn't think he was ready for that kind of responsibility. He wasn't ready to raise a child  - something he'd been robbed of - let alone two. He still needed to get his own life in order. But after some convincing, Patrick accepted the offer and became the legal guardian of both Bronx and Saint. Along with becoming their guardian, Pete's house was bequeathed to him.

With two new children and a new house, Patrick was on his way to getting back his life. Sure, it wasn't the life he exactly imagined having, but it was a life he was comfortable with. Or, at least, growing to be comfortable with.

It didn't stop just there, though. There was one more thing.