4 = Normality

Marinette slumped into her seat in school on Friday morning. She replayed the events of the previous night in her mind.

"Marinette, please stop crying.." Adrien cuddled her close. He wanted her to be alright. She was his Ladybug and he loved her. After a few hours. Marinette's tears stopped flowing and she easied into Adrien's hold. He kissed her forehead, bringing her towards him.

"Marinette, why are you so upset? " Adrien gently stroked her hair and held her.
"I'm sorry. I thought you wanted a beautiful warrior girl instead of... Me. As your Ladybug. " Marinette hung her head.
Adrien's eyes widened.

"Is that what this is about? "
Marinette nodded with guilt.
"Oh Marinette!"
Adrien threw his arms around her.
"You are my Lady. I don't care who you are. To me you're perfect!"
Marinette smiled at Adrien and hugged him back.

He was her Noir and she was his Lady. Perfection.

Adrien walked into the classroom, his eyes fixed on Marinette as he stepped towards his seat. He looked at her, but she smiled and reassured him she was okay.

As usual Chloe, with Sabrina behind her, sauntered over to Adrien and attempted to flirt with him.

Marinette averted her eyes and looked behind her at Nathaniel, who was sketching a rose in his book.
Marinette smiled. She got up out of her seat and sat beside Nathaniel, who flinched at her actions.
"M-Marinette what are you doing here? " he asked, flustered that his crush was beside him.
"I like what you're drawing. Can I watch you complete it? " she asked innocently.
Nathaniel smiled and continued his work. Marinette leaned on her hand and watched his pencil scape beautiful lines onto the page. He added more to the rose, light, shadow, and stopped before adding any color to the sketch. He dated it and showed it to her.
"How do you even do that? " Marinette asked.
Nathaniel chuckled. "I guess it's a sort of gift. Here. I want you to have this." he said. Marinette happily accepted his drawing but was then called over by Alya to her table. So she excused herself and left.

Nathaniel took a fresh page out of his sketch book and starting drawing anime. But he didn't notice the death stare Adrien was throwing his direction.

~♥~

The teacher stood up from her table and prepared to speak to the class. "Now. Class. I am pleased to announce that next Friday we will be having a formal!" she said, happily clapping her hands as the bell rang for end of lessons, letting the students clamour about what to wear and who to go with, and no sooner was Adrien out of the door of their classroom than around a hundred girls surrounded him, begging him to take them to the formal. He rejected all of them and frantically searched for Marinette, who had simply chuckled and left for home. Adrien ran after her and eventually caught her wrist before she could cross over the busy Paris street.

"M-Marinette," Adrien asked, out of breath.

"Yeah, Adrien?" she said softly.

"I... Can..... You....uhm.

Will you go to the formal with me?"