Chapter 2: Friends

When I step out of the bathroom, wrapped in a towel, CkY is blaring through the speakers downstairs. I silently enjoy the music and rock my head to the beat. I close the door to Bam’s room and it muffles the sound. I put on my bra and some underwear and start blow drying my hair. I hope Alex is okay with coming over to Bam’s house. I mean, if Ryan’s here, it’ll probably be fine. I just don’t want her to think that we’re forcing her to do anything.

            Once my hair is done, I get dressed. I assume she’ll be excited if I wear something she picked out. I look through my bag for one of the outfits I don’t usually wear; studded high waisted shorts, an old shirt tucked in, and a cardigan. I put on some pink lipstick and black eyeliner, not feeling like putting on anything else. There’s a knock at Bam’s door and I go over and open it. It’s Bam, of course.

            “Hi.” I say with a smile. He smiles and it makes me melt, as usual.

            “Hey,” He replies.

            “Ryan went to go pick up Alex.” He adds.

            “What a gentleman.” I say, giggling.

He hugs me around the waist and places a soft kiss on my lips. He gets a little bit of lipstick on his lips and I smile, wiping it away with my thumb.

            “You look really nice.” He says, resting his forehead on mine.

I gaze into his bright, blue eyes and start blushing, feeling myself become hypnotized by them. The way his curls fall onto his forehead reminds me of a younger version of him. I wonder what he looked like when he was a little boy. I kiss him again.

            “Are you going to take a shower?” I ask. He nods.

            “Are you saying I smell?” He replies with a smile that shows me he knows he’s being a little shit.

            “No, you never smell.” I say, burying my face in his neck and nuzzling it with my nose.

There’s a meow at my feet and I pull away to see Trouble and Mischief staring up at us. We laugh.

“I guess I’ll give them attention while you get ready.” I say.

Bam grabs some clothes and heads into the bathroom, turning on the shower. I sit on the bed and the two cats jump up onto it. They both start to purr as I pet them and scratch their heads. I wonder if I should decorate the house. Do they have balloons or anything? Maybe I should ask Bam.

Trouble and Mischief cuddle together on his bed and that’s my opportunity to escape. I crawl off of the bed and saunter down the hallway. The door to the bathroom is open a crack and I can hear the shower still on. I lean against the door frame, waiting for my chance to ask him if there are any decorations in his house. I hear moaning. It’s coming from the bathroom. It’s Bam. It’s not painful moaning, it’s the kind of moaning a guy makes when he’s having sex. I start flushing like crazy and feel my entire body get warm. I bite my fingernail. I know exactly what he’s doing.

“Ellie.” He groans quietly.

My mouth gapes open again and I crouch down. I feel kind of guilty that I love this. I bite my lip. Suddenly, the front door opens and I jump, standing back up. I rush downstairs and greet Ryan and Alex as they come inside. Alex hugs me and when we pull away she gives me a look.

“Why are you so red?” She asks, eying my cheeks.

“Uh…I’m just kind of warm.” I reply. It’s not exactly a lie.