Chapter 10

After successfully calming Robyn down, she lay motionless in the sleeping bag Dumbledore had provided for each student.

They were too all sleep in the Great Hall while the Professors searched the castle for any signs of Sirius Black.

Dumbledore had left Percy in charge and he would often walk among the children, eyeing them suspiciously, his chest puffed out. People chatted for a good hour about all the possible explanations on how Black had entered the castle. No one knew, not even Dumbledore himself. It was a mystery to everyone and that terrified Robyn. If he could sneak past the Dementors twice, then there was nothing protecting Harry from him.

The mere thought of Harry being in danger made Robyn sick to her stomach. The buzz of Sirius Black walking among the school was cut short by Percy declaring it was lights out. So one by one, the students climbed into their sleeping bags for the night. Robyn didn't know if anyone else was awake but all she knew was that there was no chance of her getting any sleep that night. Robyn shuffled and turned onto her other side, hearing light snores.

How can anyone fall asleep with a lunatic moving around the castle?

The thought made her question other people's sanity. How can they feel safe enough to sleep? Suddenly, she heard movement and Harry, who with Hermione and Ron surrounded her with their sleeping bags, turned and Robyn got a shock when she layed eyes on his electrifying green eyes.

"You okay?" Harry mouthed to her. His eye's looked worn and tired yet so full of energy.

Robyn nodded at him and smiled but they both shut their eye's and pretended to sleep when they heard footsteps approach. Percy.

Once the footsteps subsided both Harry and Robyn had to suppress laughter. For what, they didn't know.

All of a sudden, they heard voices. But it wasn't Percy or other students talking. No, it was Snape and Dumbledore.

"I've done the dungeons, Headmaster. No sign of Black. Nor anywhere else in the castle." Snape drawled in his usual monotone voice.

Robyn's curiosity perked and she tried to get into a more suitable position to listen.

"I didn't really expect him to linger." Came Dumbledore's reply.

"Remarkable feat, don't you think? To enter Hogwarts castle on one's own, completely undetected..." the tone in Snape's voice told Robyn he was trying to suggest something. "You may recall, prior to the start of term, I did express my concerns when you appointed Professor --"

Robyn and Harry shared a glance at eachother, full of hatred. Not at eachother though, the hatred was for Snape. How dare he try to suggest Professor Lupin helped Black into the castle. The thought was delusional.

"I do not believe a single professor inside this castle would have helped Sirius Black enter it, Severus."

Robyn could only have guessed that Snape's eyes turned into slits, flashing darkly.

"No... I feel quite confident the castle is safe. And I'm more than willing to let the students return to their Houses. But tomorrow. For now, let them sleep..." Both Harry and Robyn shut their eye's once more, feeling Dumbledore's soft stare examining them.

At Dumbledore's words, Robyn felt some of the fear slip out of her. If Dumbledore thought the castle was safe, then Robyn knew there was nothing to worry about.

"It's astonishing what the body can endure when the mind allows itself to rest."

Eventually, all the students were fast asleep, even Robyn and Harry. But Robyn was soon awake, breathing heavily and sweat dripping down her forehead. This happened several times that night, she was awoke constantly from nightmares of Sirius Black finally getting his murderous hands on Harry and killing him right on the spot, laughing maniacally. Robyn would always shoot her eye's to the side of her where Harry lay peacefully and safe.