Chapter 1

-Jacob's POV-

The rain fell slowly, falling of my leather coat, onto the streets. I had just came back from a run in with the Blighters. It wasn't unusual to see them around, often swarming in groups. Evie's gonna be mad. She made it especially clear to get back to the train at two. It's now five. I'm bloody buggered. I can imagine them now, Evie sat there with a smug grin on her face, and Henry stood oh so close to her. Still. It ain't my fault. I made a promise to her to save London that night we snuck off to Crawley.

-

As I stepped onto the train, bugger me. I was right.  Evie was there, tapping her foot and shaking her head, and Henry was reading a book. 

"Dearest sister, what on Earth was so important to drag me away from my work?" I questioned

"You were meant to pick up a new asset three hours ago, Jacob." Evie shook her head

"A what?"

"An asset. A girl by the name of Mariska. She's been waiting in this awful rain for god knows how long."

"Well why haven't you went to get her?"

"Jacob, stop arguing and go." Evie finished the argument with a turn on her heel. 

This woman will be the death of me, I swear by it.

"That woman makes me do everything, why can't she do it? This girl better be worth it," I muttered to myself, marching to a carriage

*1 hour later*

I can finally see that station Henry was going on about. Of course I wasn't listening, but I got some of it. It was empty, apart from this one poor sod sat on the steps. I stopped the horses and got down from it. As I walked closer, I realised it was that woman I was told about. 

At least I think so. She has assassins gear on so, you know, doesn't really take a genius to work it out.

"You must be Jacob?" She said, standing up. She was bloody soaked

"Yes, and you are.. M-Mar.."

"Mariska?"

"Um, yes. Well,"

"Congratulations for being," She checked the time "Four hours late, you git!"

"I must've lost track of time. I'm not sure if Evie told you, but I love to read and write, not to mention saving orphans." I lied. What? You gotta make a good first impression.

"Right, well. Shall we be off?" Mariska jumped to take the reins

"Oh no, I got it. Not to worry though, I am excellent at driving!" I said, taking the reins from her hands

I motioned  the horses forwards, and immediately crashed into a lamppost. 

This is going to be fun.

--

(A/N)

so first chapter,,, tell me if you like it and stuff because i have like 0 motivation half the time hahhhh