six | v o d k a

"OKAY, OKAY!" I shrieked, "You can put me down!"

"I know I can." Ashton had even pulled me out of the car once we arrived to some out of control party, not properly supervised. It looked like just about every insane party you see in the movies, trash littered the front lawn, bright lights flashed and obnoxious music echoed through the neighborhood.

As I judged the party, I realized that I truly was a seventy year old man mentally. Without warning, he dropped me and I fell to my bottom. I hissed, "Ow, what the hell?"

"I did as you wished, yes?" A sly smirk formed over his lips, betraying the almost sorry look in his eyes.

I scoffed, getting up to my feet. Kiera was hanging onto Jasper's arm like a child, but in all honesty they looked cute together. I didn't actually know if they would be a serious couple or if it would live a short life, burning quickly out like one of Ashton's cigarettes. Even then, I was curious as to who would end it first, Kiera or Jasper?

The thought slipped through my mind as my eyes landed on the shattered window of the mansion-esque home. I glanced back at Ashton, who gazed unworriedly towards the house. "Ashton, I really don't know about this."

Piper butted in before Ashton could even utter a useless response, "Stick with me, then."

Ashton didn't say a word, just gave a curt nod in distaste. I sighed, I would have preferred if Ashton said it, but Piper was fine I guess.

Jasper and Kiera walked ahead of us, leaving the three of us to trail close behind. Ashton's face broke into a grin as the loud beat of the music bounced from the walls to our ears. The front door was already open, allowing anyone to walk in at any given moment, giving me more of a reason of wanting to run away. Apparently caring for yourself was unknown to Ashton and his friends as they eagerly entered, their eyes darting from person to person, room to room.

Girls danced next to guys, revealing outfits tightly wrapped around their skin, showing off their natural or unnatural assets. They were beautiful, and I was jealous, especially considering my clothing which only contained a baggy gray tee with black skinny jeans. Compared, I looked like nothing. I settled that it was better that way, sadly enough girls in the modern society were criticized for dressing how they wanted. The guys, however, were dressed in anything and everything, it was as if they either went to the most expensive shop or rummaged through a dumpster to find their clothing.

An attractive, tan young man with tight black curls found his way in front us, grabbing Ashton's hand and giving one single shake. The young man flashed a set of perfect white teeth, speaking with a slight Russian accent, "I thought you said you couldn't make it!"

"Priorities change," Ashton's tone was bland, emotionless. It bothered me, somehow. The whole monotonous personality just didn't quite fit him.

"I'm sure," the young man quirked an eyebrow at the lack of enthusiasm Ashton portrayed. His eyes then washed over the lot of us, his eyes lingered momentarily on my face. "And who is this?"

He took a step forward, grabbing my hand and pressing his lips to my knuckles. I almost would've thought he was a gentleman if not for the rambunctious party he seemed to be hosting. Embarrassingly, I stuttered, "V-Vivian."

"Ah, beautiful," he murmured, not sparing me of the mortification I now endured, "I, I am Dmitri."

That was the moment I almost snorted at his dramatic introduction. I could have sworn the way Ashton watched us from the corner of his eyes he had been glaring but I realized he was smiling. Perhaps this was his plan all along. Luring me into a trap of his charming, handsome friend.