Chapter 8

When I got outside, I gave Jade a piece of the Underworld.

"What the Hades!" I screamed at her.  "You just held me back from saving my entire family from death!  I hope that you are proud of yourself."

She smiled, unaffected by my yelling.  "Actually, I am.  Sorry Sky, but you aren't supposed to save anyone from death in history.  If you do, you change the entire timeline and the world ends up going chaotic."

"She isn't making this stuff up," the Doctor interjected.  "When the space-time continuum is affected, monsters from other dimensions and universes come to feed on the chaos."

I shook my head at his ridiculous answer.  "You can't just say something nerdy in a British accent and expect me to believe any of it.  You asked me to spare him, yet just a few minutes earlier he killed a dozen people.  They weren't spared."

"Sky, let me put this in a way that you'd understand," Jade interrupted before the Doctor could start ranting.  "Let's say that there's this girl named...Sky."

"What a coincidence, that's my name," I interrupted her.

"Yeah, weird.  So this girl named Sky was at a family dinner and she and her mother left before the end.  Then a murder comes and kills her family.  Sky knows who did it because she saw him earlier and saw him walking to the house," Jade explained.  "Got it?"

I nodded, unimpressed by her "made up" story.

"Right.  So then Sky's older self time travels to that day and kills the murder before he kills her family.  Then, her family is safe and sound."

"Exactly!  That's the ending that I want!" I exclaimed.

"So small Sky sees the murderer and forgets about him completely.  Then, when she is older and time travels to when she sees the murderer, she thinks nothing of him.  She lets him go on his own business and he kills her family because she didn't kill him.  You see Sky?  Your family dies either way, might as well not mess with the timeline," she shrugged.

I was silent.  Her story ended up making sense in the end.  I felt warm arms wrap around my stomach.  I turned my head to see that Leo was hugging me from behind.

"It's okay, seahorse.  I'm here for you," he told me.

I elbowed him in the stomach, he immediately let go and choked, trying to breath.  "Don't touch me," I growled.  "Don't ever touch me like that again or I swear that I'll-"

"Last time he hugged you from behind, you two had to get a room," Jade smirked.

"What the Hades?  No!" I exclaimed.

"Quit bothering Sky, Jade.  Some goes to you, Leo," the Doctor told them.  "Remember?  She's after the Nico thing...Sky?  Who are you dating?"

I blushed.  "I'm not telling you."

"She's in the Conner relationship.  It'll be a few months until it's your turn, Leo," he finished.

"What do you mean?" I shouted.  The Doctor turned around and began to walk towards the TARDIS.  "What do you mean?  Are you saying that we're only going to last a few months?  Who breaks up with who?  Why?  How?  You've got to tell me!" I begged as I followed the Doctor.

"Sky, just chill," Leo told me.

"Just chill?  What happened?  Why did we break up?"

"Sky," Jade began.  "You...you've just got to trust us on this one.  We can't tell you or so much will be messed up."  She paused a few seconds before adding "That would mess up my OTP.  I tried so hard to get you two together, you have no idea."

I started walking quicker to get out of the conversation and ended up walking next to the Doctor.  "Where are we going next?" I asked him.

"Depends on if Jade plans to look further into your past," he shrugged.  "Sometimes, I feel like I am the companion."

When we got into the TARDIS, the Doctor started flipping controls on the TARDIS.  Jade and Leo were whispering things to each other, each of them giggled every so often.  I rolled my eyes and stuck near Cole.

"Can you explain to mean what Jade and Leo find so funny?" I asked.

"If I were to try, there'd be a blade against my neck before I could finish the first sentence," he admitted.

"Aren't you supposed to be the dominant one?" I questioned.

He chuckled.  "Yeah, right.  Try telling that to her without getting your head chopped off."

I was about to reply, but the machine started to shake and make a lot of noise.  I grasped the handle bars as the TARDIS traveled.

The TARDIS quickly reached the destination.  "Where are we?" I asked.

"It's more like...when are we?" Leo cracked.

"It's clear that this machine can travel to different places and times, so my question is just as valid," I told him.

"You guys are fighting like an old married couple and you guys haven't even started dating yet," the Doctor sighed.  "But, Sky is right.  Her question is valid."

I smirked at Leo and walked towards the doors of the TARDIS.