Chapter 3

There were loud foot steps echoing throughout the allies like a gang sprinting from police.
I turned to see two boys running quickly in our direction, the boys kept glancing at each other as if to make sure neither were left behind. It was near impossible to identify the boys because they were running so quickly that they might as well be blurs. Finally, one of them smirked at the other and basically outran him as though he wasn't even trying.
Of course, the guy was a blonde and went straight into a brick building.
"That's what happens when you cheat!" the other guy laughed, slowing down before stopping. I could finally see that it was my brother, Percy. The other guy, who I still didn't know, fell back and groaned. Jade pulled a cube of ambrosia out of her jeans pocket and shoved it into the groaning boy's mouth.
"Why did I fall for you again?" she jokingly asked the blonde.
The ambrosia instantly started working and allowed him to heal almost on impact.
"Because a gust of wind conveniently blew you into my arms," he reminded her, a blush appearing on both of their faces. "And Percy, I didn't cheat. Admit that I'm just faster than you."
"You just admitted that you used a gust of wind to blow Jade into your arms, you could have just as easily blown your way at the end!" The blonde crossed his arms and pouted.
Percy finally noticed me and cooed. "She's so coot! Is she ten or something?" Jade nodded while I protested.
"Dude! You were at my birthday party just an hour ago! Didn't you see the big blue 14 on my cake?" I asked. "And, for a guy with a twisted ankle from sword practice, you run really well. I knew that you made it up to spend some 'quality' time with Annabeth."
"SPOILERS!" the doctor shouted. "Why don't you all SHUT UP and stop SPOILING the timeline?"
"Where's the fun in that?" Jade muttered loudly, earning a glare from the Doctor.
Another loud echo of sprinting steps started chorusing through the ally as another guy came running into the scene. He was panting and sweating so much that I was surprised that a body can contain so much liquid. When he reached us I saw that it was the classic Leo Valdez.
"Wow, I haven't seen you since I had last died," I growled. "You didn't even try to save me, jerk."
"Aw! My girlfriend so so cute when she was ten!" he cheered.
"Girlfriend? I'm done with guys. Done," I stressed. Leo simply smirked.
"Yeah, you don't need to be worrying about boys at your age," Leo laughed.
"Is no one listening? SPOILERS!" The Doctor stressed.