2.

Nova's Point of View

After breakfast, Jaycee grabbed his car keys and offered me a ride to school. I gladly accepted, grabbed my purse and kissed my mom and dad goodbye.

"Don't do anything you'll regret." My mother shouted as I headed out the door. I rolled my eyes and got in the front seat of my brother's car and entered a debatable state of mind.

How come my mother couldn't understand I knew what I was doing? --Yes, she was right, it could be risky and she has given me the whole "Be who you are and don't change for anybody speech" but I'm doing this for me also. Once everyone could see how cool I could be, I would tell them who I really am, Nova Jasmeen. But as of now, I am Jasmine Vasquez; the spunky red-head girl with blue eyes.

A few thoughts later we arrived at the ugly,annoying building that I called my school. I threw my purse over my shoulder and took a deep breath while Jaycee turned off the car.

"Are you okay?" Jaycee said, noticing my nervousness. I nodded yes and we both got out the car. Immediately the jocks started spotted Jaycee's car and made their way towards us.

"Yo Velasquez, who's this fine lady we have here?" One of the jocks said winking at me after him and my brother had their little bro hug.

"No one you need to worry about, " I scoffed, rolling my eyes.

"Daniel, just back off this one okay?" My brother authorized. Daniel, I believed the jocks name was as brother said, just smirked.

"This is your girl?" he said gesturing to me, talking to Jaycee. I basically just threw up in my mouth a little bit hearing that and quickly saved myself.

"No I'm his cousin, Jasmine."

"And what happened to the lame-ass of a sister you had?" Daniel laughed off, having no filter of his words.

At that very moment, I felt the tears start brimming at my eyes and ran inside the school, not caring who I bumped in to.

"Come on Nova, its the first day of school. You are Jasmine, not that loser everyone thinks you are." I built up words of encouragement staring in the bathroom mirror, wiping my tears, thanking myself for wearing waterproof makeup. My attention immediately went to the door when I heard multiple voices pile into the bathroom laughing.

"And then he told me I was the best he ever had, " The blonde one had said. "Um, who are you?" She directed to me in a snotty attitude.

"Jasmine."

"Well, Jamie, whatever your name is, you're at my sink so move." She replied to me and I instantly became infuriated at how rude she was.

"First of all it's Jasmine, try to learn a simple name why don't ya? And From what I see, this sink doesn't have your name on it, therefore it isn't yours. But maybe you could check in the boys bathroom. I'm pretty sure you're in there a lot from what I heard," I winked. She scoffed while her 'clique' I should say giggled from behind her. She pushed past all of them and stomped out of the bathroom, the rest of the girls went with her still giggling while one stayed behind.

"Sorry," she apologized. She had almost long length honey blonde natural curled hair and hazel eyes. She seemed to be around 5 feet tall so I was about 3 inches taller than her. "Amanda could be a pain in the ass but anyways, my name is Zola." She introduced herself.

"Jasmine," I stuck out my hand. We shook hands and Zola offered for us to hang out sometime and I gladly approved.

After I left the bathroom I went to the main office to get my schedule since I was considered a "new student" at school. After what felt like hours of waiting for my schedule to be printed, I read over all my classes.