6.

"So how was P.E. with that asshole?" Adric laughed at his words.

"Very funny." I said with seriousness clear in my tone. "He's actually pretty cool for an asshole if you ask me."

"Mhm, whatever but I guess I'll see you in lunch." He shrugged and made his way to his class.

I just continued to walk my way to culinary class that I chose to take as an elective. On my way I couldn't help but to think what was Adric's problem. He had such an attitude while we spoke. Shaking my head and pushing my thoughts away, I walked into class.

Not really paying attention to what the teacher saying, I put my focus to the quiz that I was receiving on kitchen safety rules.

After the long quiz that was more like a stupid test, the period was over and it was time for lunch. I honestly waited for this moment because I needed to speak to Adric. He never acted like that - although we only knew each other for a couple of days now- but either way, it didn't seem like him.

I quickly rushed to my locker on the third floor to swap out my books I used for my previous classes with the books I would need for my classes after lunch.

Walking down to the lunchroom with Zola, I saw my brother mingling with the cheerleaders. I literally wanted to punch him in his jaw for leaving me hanging yesterday and this morning but I didn't. Him and I caught eyes, I rolled mine and simply looked away.

Zola and I just walked to our table and were greeted with a now eager Adric.

"Sup hot stuff," Zola winked in a joking manner. He enthusiastically laughed and shook his head at her funny but flirty attempt to say hi.

"Hey Adric." I spoke softly, hoping he was over his lame ass attitude.

"Sup hot stuff," He laughed, quoting Zola. And all I could do was accept his response and be happy that he wasn't in his feelings anymore.

Soon after our exchanges of "sup's" and "hi's" the lunch room appeared to be packed and we made our way to get our food.

Grabbing the cheese steak sandwich and a small styrofoam container of fries, my mouth watered and I didn't realize how hungry I was until now. I mentally sighed because the only time I was hungry like this was when my period was coming around. I grabbed a Snapple Iced Tea out of the refrigerator and paid for all of my food.

Leaving the line, I peeked over to the jock table (a table where all of the football players and cheerleaders sit) and saw Daniel. He was sitting pretty close to Amanda but I didn't think much of it other than the fact that they probably wanted to fuck each other again.

Sitting in my seat, I scarfed down my food without a care because everything tasted so good. After a good 8 minutes, I was finished with all my food and really wanted to punch myself after realizing that I pretty much ate like a man in front of Adric.

"Soooo," I said trying to start any conversation to get the focus off of me. "How was your classes Zola?"

"Really, you're not going to ask me how MINE were?" Adric replied before Zola could even think of an answer and pretending to be hurt.

"I have two classes with you and absolutely none with her so pardon me for wanting to know how her classes went instead of yours." I sarcastically smiled to shut him up.

As Zola was speaking, I slowly started to tune her out as I noticed Dylan and Cameron looking for a place to sit.

"Yo Dylan! Cameron!" I waved and shouted to get their attention.

"Who are they and why are you inviting them over here?"

"Well I have a class with both of them, they're new here and have no friends so why not invite them to sit."