PART II CHAPTER 18

The sixteenth day of shooting is such a big break to all of us, as we don’t shoot any scenes at all, but we will do pictorials the whole day to be used as promotional posters and trailer slides. Yeah, of course, movies have trailers for a good start and boost of popularity, and to gather viewers’ attention as well.

            As the major characters, Hannah, I, Travis and Lawrence have more shoots and pictures than the minor characters.

            We do the pictorials in which almost all of my takes are the usual contravida looks - the deep, dark eyes, the lips of despair, and the scenic angles of an antagonist.

            Well, let me describe some of the shoots that really got my eyes.

            The first and foremost, the movie’s cover, in which Hannah and Travis greatly occupies the central part, their position indicates dancing – face-to-face, Hannah, in a white dress on the right side and Travis, in a white clothing on the left side. Travis holds one of Hannah’s hand with his, as her other one is on Travis’ shoulder, and in these conjoined hands is a stem of a fresh white rose that seems to grow which their eyes pin themselves on with faces that speaks of smiles.

            Seeing this cover reminds me of Kevin and me – the way we are – so I smile as I look.

            But then the interference of Lawrence and my character adds to the beauty and meaning of the cover. Behind Travis, (as they are in a side-view) to the left, is me, back  against him, holding another stem of fresh white rose that merely falls but in a contravida state, frowning, face still, looking down, and dark eyes. And Lawrence is behind Hannah, back against her as well, brightly smiling in contrast to my face gesture and he also holds another stem of fresh white rose but in a playful way that he holds it on his chest.

            The background is only simple, but very powerful. It features the contrast of red to pink upwards, the hue beautifully influencing our skin tones, and a very big stem of red rose to the right, in line with our chests, as the cover features only halves of our bodies. The stem begins from me, and the blooming flower is at the extension of the end to the right, which slightly tilts upward. And the background also features falling white petals scattered around the spaces, which hues contemplates with the color contrast.

            One phrase to fully describe the cover: Beautiful and Powerful. And if well analyzed, this cover brings up the principle of negativity and positivity.

            There’s also this one picture which features Hannah and Travis’ characters on a lawn of colorful roses – red, white and pink. Hannah, in a white formal dress lays sideways, one arm bends ‘v’ as her hand supports her head that tilts to the side – behind her, and her other arm bents graciously, the hand holding a stem of fresh white rose and the flower touches her lips.

            Travis, then, is behind her, an arm unseen, but presumably supporting his upper body as his upper torso and his head are elevated higher than Hannah. He’s in a white polo and white pants, too, and they will really kiss lips-to-lips, as both their eyes are closed, if it isn’t because of the rose between their lips.

            The background is very simple, as there are no effects used in taking the picture.

            If this is shot in video, this scene may seem sensual /slash/ sexual if their position is considered, but this is a picture, a portrait, so malice couldn’t lead to an issue.

            There is also one picture featuring me, in a dark purple dress and Lawrence, in a light brown. We are on the same lawn of roses, but we are both standing and in a dancing position, like Hannah and Travis’ take from the cover, although in an inverse manner. Lawrence is in the right and I’m on the left. But the fresh white flower is not from our linked hands, rather from my mouth as I gently bite the stem with my lips. Well, Kevin helped me with that, as he already laid-out the scene by drawing before. The picture’s taken from an upper angle anyway.