mum(full chapter)

Sorry guys I didn't update the whole of the last chapter by mistake. After I started to write the next chapter I realized the previous one was not complete so I had to update it again. Sorry for the inconvenience. So now here you go....

...........................

The man who was my father was now gone forever. He would never come back now. Never again will I see his smile as he came home from work tired but smiling nevertheless acting as though he was all right like he just went out for a walk. Never again will he praise my cooking or Nazneen's art. He won't make Ruby motivate her to do better. Never would we look forward for the weekends where he would make us his special weekend breakfast with items that each of us liked individually. Never will we be able to ask his advice when we needed help or tell him about our problems and get reassured that everything will be fine. Never....

I was still hugging him when someone put a hand on my shoulder.

"Get up Shirin." Mr Yoonus said but I didn't move I didn't want to leave him. I wanted to savor this last physical contact that we had when he was still alive. Still alive.....

Mr Yoonus lifted me away from dad. The tears blurred my vision and I couldn't see anything properly. I was crying for what felt like hours.

I heard hurried footsteps coming closer.

"Your sisters are coming Shirin" he said, his voice soft.

I turned and saw Nazneen and Ruby running towards us. My vision was still blurred but I got up with shaking knees and went towards them. I was still crying when Nazneen opened my arms and engulfed me in a hug. I started crying to my hearts content. Ruby joined us and the three of us were enveloped in each other's arms trying to make sense of our loss.

I let go and they went towards dad, hugged him and started to cry. I couldn't handle being here anymore and I wanted to leave. I then remembered about mum and panicked again. What if she too....

"Where is mum?" I asked Mr Yoonus in a shaky voice.

"Uhmm.. she is in the ICU too" he said hesitatingly. Oh Allah! I backed away.

"She wasn't wearing her seatbelt and got hurt on the head." He said.

"Is she all right?" Ruby asked. She too was shaking due to crying. This is the first time I saw her so weak.

"She will recover but we don't know how fast. She is in coma as of now." he said looking at us. Oh no.. Please Allah save her. We just lost dad not mum too. We won't be able to bear it.

"Can we go see her?" I asked him trying to calm myself down.

"I think so but she won't understand anything as the doctor's had said. She is an unconscious state" he replied, "but you can go one at a time".

"I will go first." I said and hurried out of the room.

"She is in the room two doors right from here" I heard Mr Yoonus say.

I opened the door slowly and slipped inside trying not to make any noise. It wa similar to dad's room but the heart beat showed a steadier rate then what dad's was. She too was lying on the bed with tubes attached to her hand and an oxygen mask on her face.

She looked so peaceful without any concern for what happened here just now. How will she react after she comes to know about dad? She will break down. She can't handle this now. She need not know it yet. It's better we keep it away from her till she recovers.