•Chapter Five•

« H A R L O W »

I was shocked at first but recovered fast, It was Edward Baker my boyfriend that I met in England during our dads business meeting  I couldn't believe it I fell out of my bed onto the ground.

''Eddie?'' I managed to get out as I got back up and sat back on my bed.

''Yes it's me sweetheart I missed you so much,I called as soon as I could'' he said I blushed and turned on my laptop and plopping on my bed

''How was your meeting?''I said curiously he had told me that he had a meeting coming up with one of his dads partners in business and that he was only being tested on his business partnering abilities by his dad.

''It was a bit nerve wracking at first but you should have seen me at the end I aced the presentation like a professional'' he said happily like an excited child, I giggled and then replied
''Is that so?''

''Yeah it was hard to focus because I was thinking about you leaving'' he said.
I knew I shouldn't have told him that I was leaving if I had known that would happen
''I'm sorry I wouldn't have told you then if I had known-'' I rambled but he interrupted me

''It's okay I'm actually happy, so how was your first day back?''he said excitedly
''Well my day was...hmm let's see I saw Matt,a Harlan groupie threatened me because she thought I was dating Harlan,ew and I played basketball with Jack and I won,of course'' I said as I listened to him chuckle I loved the way he sounds when he chuckles.

''It looks like I have to look out for a lot''he said wait is he saying that he's coming?

''What do you mean by that?.. hold on you're coming?'' I said he answered instantly.

''Yes sweetheart I'm coming to see you but only for a week or two my dad wants me to check on one of his hotels over there I'm coming in two days I can't wait to see you sweetheart!!''he said excitedly I blushed and put my hair in a French braid
''I have to start packing,so bye sweetheart'' he said

''Bye Eddie'' I replied hung up and ran downstairs to the dinner table grinning then I greeted everyone and sat down.

''He told you didn't he'' my dad said  sipping his wine and smiling at me.

''Yup he did'' I said still grinning happily,mom and Harlan looked confused.. wait mom!

''What exactly did he tell you?'' my dad said putting his glass on the table and placing his elbows on the table.

''Darling I told you no elbows on the table''mom said kissing dad softly on the lips before going in the kitchen to grab dessert.

Dad tugged her wrist for her to come back and kissed her back replying " I'm sorry,sugar plum" ew I called myself that earlier ,urging me with one hand to continue

''Well he told me that he did great in the meeting, he also told me that he was coming in two days!'' I exclaimed and began eating my food as we all finished our food in silence mom decided to break the silence.

''Harley,can you model at the fashion show for me,dear?one of the models caught the flu'' mom asked I didn't have a problem with it and I like to help in any way I could.

''Okay mom'' I said smiling I was about to leave when mom asked me.

''What was that about?'' I was a bit surprised but I answered

''We were talking about Edward,my boyfriend his dad is partnering with dad in business, I'm sorry but I have to prepare for school tomorrow'' I said and walked to my room and began preparing my outfit for tomorrow.