Day 1 - The Beginning

Braelyn was walking through the hall of her new school. The bell had just rang releasing her from class and sending her to lunch. She loved lunch, it was the only place she was able to see all of her friends at once.

Braelyn's POV

I walked into the cafeteria and stood in my usual place in line next to Casey and Della. They were babbling on about a song I didn't know. I wasn't really paying attention though, I was spacing out, as I did so often.

We all got our food and sat down at our usual table. Everybody was already in their usual awkward, but slightly offencive, conversations. I turned to look at Della, but out of the corner of my eye I saw something move.

I looked out of the large window to see a boy walking on the front lawn of the school, I noticed he sort of had a limp, but I didn't think much of it. I turned back to the group and the subject of the conversation had changed.

A few minutes pass and the conversation shifts topic again. I turned back to look out of the window again, only to find that the boy had gotten really close to the window. I could see that there was something, off, about his face. I turned back to Casey to tell her about what I was seeing.

"Hey Casey, there's this guy outside and-"

*BANG*

*BANG*

We all turn to lookout of the large window, only to find that the boy had walked up to the window and started hitting it. Finally he had hit the window hard and loud enough for the principle to hear.

He walked up to the door, (maybe thinking he was a student also it had been snowing outside for a while he must have thought he was cold), and opened it for the boy.

"What do you think you are doing outside in this weather during school hou-"

He was cut off by the boy, lunging at him. He tried to back up and turn to run, but he was too slow. The boy lunged at his throat tearing a chunk of his flesh off, blood spewing everywhere.

He tried to scream, only to have his cries cut off by the gurgling of blood in his throat. He soon stopped struggling and fell limp, but that didn't stop the boy from continuing to tear him apart.

I turned back to my friends and yelled to them,

"Guys, follow me!"

They all still looked shocked, but they followed me. We ran down the hallway into the janitor's room, then shut the door.

I turned to look at all of my friends. The shock was still slightly there on their faces, but their eyes were filled with excitement and fear.

"Okay guys, graphics something strong or sharp, preferably both"

Then sent everybody on a frantic search for makeshift weapons. I also walked around the room, lifting things up and opening drawers, looking for my own temporary weapon.

Eventually I found a screwdriver in one of the tool boxes. It wasn't the best but it would do. I turned back to the group to see if they had found their weapons.

Casey had found a black crowbar, she was twisting it around, and smiled at it. Della had found herself a pipe wrench and was swinging it through the air trying to get used to the weight of it.

Kat had found a hammer and was now sitting in a corner like nothing was happening at the moment. Ella had found a small paint scraper, and was shaking and asking about her parents.

*AAAAAAHHHH*

Screams were coming from out in the hall. I then started to wisper.

"Okay guys we all have our weapons correct", they all nodded in agreement, "Okay well I say we wait until that screaming stops and then we hit the road then try to make it to my house". A couple of them were still shaken but they all agreed and we sat down to wait.

----------------------------------------------

Hey guys it's my first story sorry if you don't like it, I hope you do though.