Day 8 - Just Gone

(Gareth's POV)

I walked out of the shed to find Braelyn and Casey standing there. They were both extremely wounded and we're currently bleeding out. They didn't move though, they just stood there staring at me.
"You let Della do this to me Gareth. You let her leave me behind. You could've stayed, saved me, but you ran away."
"Gareth, you should've known I'd go back to that farm. I'm the kind of person who does that. You didn't think once to stop me from going, thinking maybe Casey will actually be smart."
"I didn't do this to you guys. Della did this, not me. I wanted to save you Braelyn, and I didn't think you'd be dumb enough to go back to that farm Casey."
They both started chanting in unison 'you did this', over and over again.
"No!" I flew up, gasping for air. Everything was dark, then my memory came back to me. I was still in the shed, it was just a dream, a nightmare.
That dream started me thinking. Why didn't I stay there and save her? Could I have saved her? What if she was doomed to begin with, the whole injuries and endless sleep thing.
I mean we just left Braelyn there. Della did this, if Braelyn is dead, Della did this. Not to mention Casey is missing. She had to go back to that farm and be stupid. If Casey hadn't left we would have had an earlier warning, and a better decision maker in charge, and we could have saved Braelyn.
Braelyn probably made it, she would've found a way. What am I saying? Braelyn was out cold when the hoard came, they probably devoured her.
I stopped thinking about it, tired of reliving the dream in my head. I got to my feet, still crouched, and slowly made my way to the small ray of light coming through the doors.
I slowly opened the door, looking outside the shed for zambies. There were one or two, here and there, and not a single hoard in sight. I opened the doors fully and let the light in the old dusty shed.
Della and kat both woke up and complained to me about the light.
"Guys the hoard is gone, I think we should go back to the house."
"There's nothing to do there Gareth, either see a dead Braelyn or an almost dead Braelyn. I don't think any of us need to see that."
"Do you have no hope that she got out?"
"Gareth, there was a hoard of walkers that ran right through that house...while she was sleeping. She probably died."
I turned around and started walking back in the direction of the house.
"Well I don't give up like you, I'm going to look and see if Braelyn made it, and if Casey got back from the farm."
I kept walking until I heard them following, then I started running. They ran with me, I knew if we didn't run that we'd never make it in time, before the sun goes down, before Braelyn maybe dies.
After we ran for a while, soon we got back to the house. We stood outside for a minute, taking in the damage.
Windows were broken. Doers torn from the hinges and thrown down on the ground, extremely stomped on. The siding torn off house. That was just the outside though, I'd hate to see the inside of the house.
We walked inside and it was bad. It looked like a tornado went right through the house. There was furniture everywhere, books, more non-important items.
I ran to the couch only to find...no Braelyn. No Braelyn, no blood, not a sign of distress besides the hoard that came through.
I couldn't beleive it, she had figured out a way to get out. AH THE SORCERY! I don't know how she did it, or where she went, but that's a lot of frickin' logic bro.
The others came in and they gasped seeing what I had seen.
"I don't beleive it."
"I TOLD YOU GUYS! I TOLD YOU!"
"Calm down Gareth, we don't need your 'I told you so's"
"There's one thing though, where did she go? It's like she just vanished."
"Let's just hope she's still alive."