Chapter 13

There's nothing but complete darkness and silence leaving me to drown in my thoughts like my own personal hell. Am I dead? I can't be because with the amount of pain I'm in tells me I'm very much alive. I can't feel anything nor see or hear. Everything is dark and empty leaving me all alone. I don't know where I am. My body feels like its floating yet I can't quite grasp the feeling off my limbs.

**

Suddenly I see a bright light as my body starts to feel like it's being lifted, as if my soul was being released and I was flying high to find peace.

An open meadow filled with a wide variety of different colors of roses was placed before me. I could feel my feet softly mold into the fertile ground. I bend down to kneel onto the ground dirt covering my knees. I reach my arm out and grab the deepest and brightest pure red rose I've ever laid eyes upon. I bring it closer to my face and inhale deeply taking in the strong scent reminding me of all good things in life. I bring me head up again and see a girl in the same position as me. Her face is warm and for some reason I feel safe and not the slightest bit of fear. She's wearing a think white sundress making her appear innocent and pure. Her eyes sparkle as they are a blazing leafy iris. Her hair runs straight down and natural highlights sparkle in the sunlight.

She looks just like me. I contort my face and she does the same. Then I lift my hand as she follows my every move. It's like she's a mirror reflection of me. I'm so confused.

"Your answers will come soon" a whisper in the wind replies. I look around my surroundings and find nothing but the flowers all around me. I look back to where the girl was only to see she was gone like she vanished into thin air.

Alone again yet I feel anything but scared I feel relaxed. I lay down onto the roses as they act like a cushion of a bed and pillow to my frame. I gaze up to the sky and it's crystal clear blue and not a cloud in sight. It's like my own personal heaven.

"This isn't heaven my dear" I hear the same voice blow in my ear. I shoot up and look around and find no one yet again. "What do you mean?" I question into the air hoping that the voice will reply somehow again.

"You must uphold a duty" the airy like voice replies. Did it say duty? What kind of duty is someone like me suppose to have?

"You'll find out when the time comes"

Soon after that the meadow filled with roses and the blue skies and sun slowly disappear as every thing becomes dark once more.

**

The darkness continues leaving me to think about one thing and one thing only. What kind of duty was the voice talking about. It was probably just a weird dream but it felt real. The plushness of the flowers. The moldy soil. They sky and sun radiating heat on my body. Maybe it all was just a figment of my imagination.

All of a sudden through the dark abyss I can feel a presence next to me. I feel coldness seep through me making me internally shiver and freeze. I hear mumbling voices and incoherent words that I can't make out.

The coldness continues but is replaced as a burning feeling courses through from my hand all throughout my body sending my nerves into a frenzy. The feeling becomes over whelming as my body shoots up and my eyes become wide and I take in a deep breath as if I was woken up from the dead and haven't been living for ages.

I feel my body then relax as it slowly falls back down onto the soft cushion of a bed underneath me. When my head hits the pillow I look at the source of the burning feeling that woke me and see Ronan looking at me intently confusion in his eyes. What happened? His dark ocean blue eyes continue to stare into me like I was the most intriguing thing in the world. I looked closely into his eyes and see tiny gold flecks surrounding his iris. I look deeper into the gold becoming in trance as memories flashed before my eyes like headlights. It hits me all at once like an unexpected hit and run. I'm hit with all these scenes before my eyes and it goes away after in an instant.