Chapter 10- The Interview

Sherlock's POV

We were led to a large library. I could hear a beautiful but familiar instrumental.

‘Ludwig Van Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata', I said.

‘Yes indeed', said a voice with a shadowy figure standing in the corner of the library, ‘Beautiful, isn't it detective?'

‘My dad', said Teresa.

‘Dad, this is Mr. Holmes. He has come all the way from London to-'

‘Is he a ghost catcher?'

‘No, but-'

‘Then I have no need of him. I need someone to catch that ghost in my garden'.

‘I don't think it's a ghost Mr. Turner', I said strongly.

This statement annoyed him a bit.

‘So, Mr. Holmes, you're a detective? A consulting detective. You are considered to be very smart. My daughter Tessa told me all about you when Teresa had left to escort you all the way here. It was a waste of your time I believe. However, to make up for it, you can stay for my birthday party till tomorrow night. Elizabeth, kindly escort these gentlemen to their rooms'.

I was about to leave when he called out to me.

‘Mr. Holmes.......never say that it wasn't a ghost'.

Hearing this, I fled along with John.

Teresa's POV

After Sherlock left, I was called back inside by my dad.

‘Teresa, do you trust this man?'

‘Dad, I don't trust him but I really think that you should. If you aren't allowing me to go any further with this case then at least allow him to'. Saying this I went out of the room.

My dad is a good man although sometimes I wish he would understand that I need to take care of myself.