Chapter 20- Meeting With The Thorn

Sherlock's POV

Tessa needed to go to the hospital. She was worse this morning. This means that Teresa is going to visit her. This would be the perfect time to meet Moriarty.

I am curious to know what relation he has with Teresa. So, he called me yesterday evening and told me to meet him near Lake Geneva.

I went there and I saw him with his back turned.

'Mr. Holmes, I presume'.

'Yes', I replied, 'Mr. Moriarty'.

'I believe we both know alot about each other. What do you know about me?'

'Is it a must to let you know?'

'No. But I can tell you that I know alot about you and I know that you wouldn't seem surprised about that'.

I would agree with him, but now it's time to get back to why I came here.

'Who exactly is Teresa? Who are you to her?'

'Mr. Holmes, you are a curious person, aren't you. I would love to give you the information but let me tell you, Teresa is a dark woman. A very, very dark woman. She keeps alot of secrets and we all know that too much of everything is not good. According to her, let's just say I'm a thorn in her side. Her trouble, her fear, her weakness. So, I suggest you don't get too involved in her life because she is at a dead end'.

He looked at his watch.

'I suggest you go back to the mansion Mr. Holmes. There's something waiting for you under the mat of the entrance'.

Whatever was waiting was probably interesting which could end either in life or death.