Chapter Twelve: There's Something More Inside

*Ashley's POV*

I awoke with Andy lying in my arms, sleeping peacefully. He was so beautiful when he slept. All the worries and pains of real life gone, just pure innocence and beauty. For a few moments, I just watched him sleep, in awe at how someone so perfect could be mine. But then I realized why I had woken up; I was in desperate need of the toilet. As I slowly slid away from Andy and stood up, the nagging grew. I headed into the bathroom then remembered that the water on this floor wasn't working so I couldn't use the bathroom just yet. Oh shit, oh shit, oh shit! Grabbing a dressing gown I awkward made my way to the lift and down to the ground floor, making a bee-line straight for the reception toilets. Checking the time, I realized it was only 4 in the morning.

When I'd done my business and headed out, I noticed a strange looking figure standing by the hallway to the elevators. They were wearing a black hoodie and black skinnies. I couldn't see their face, they were practically a silhouette. I decided to ignore them and walk past, but as I got closer I noticed there were more people, about 6 in total, all hidden in the dark and shadows. What were they all doing here at 4 in the morning?! Hesitantly I walked towards them, hoping just to walk straight past with no hassle. Unfortunately, that was not the case.

"Oi, mate, where'd ya' think you're goin'!" It clearly wasn't a question. The man nearest the front stepped forward and into the light. He was very tall, and stronger looking than any of the others. His hair had been shaved off his head and he had a slight stubble. From what I could see of his body, it was covered in tattoo's, some even travelling up his neck and onto the sides of his face. Something about his face - it's shape, size and the expression on it - made him look menacing and merciless. I started to step backwards and a malevolent smile crept up his face, showing his teeth, and evil glint in his eye.

"Not gunna ans'er us, then mate." Heavy sarcasm on the mate. The remark had come from on the guys nearer the back as he stepped into the light. He had a mop of blondish hair curling and sticking out in every direction and gentle, blue eyes sparkled behind the glasses he wore. He was the only one not in all black, instead he wore a loose, white tee shirt and a pair of old-looking jeans. He was lanky and looked rather weak, and had no tattoo's. He did have something none of the others had; cuts and bruises covering almost every visible patch of skin. I really didn't know what to make of him. They way he'd spoken and the whole way he held his posture implied he was tough and could hold his own in a fight, But his whole appearance made him look very out of place amongst the thugs. He rather resembled the first guy who'd spoken. Perhaps a little brother who had joined in for the thrill but didn't really fit into the gang?

"I'm just trying to get back to my room, thank you." I said politely, once again trying to step around them and get on with the day.

"Thank you! Thank you!" The first guy mocked as the rest made weird sounds and exclaimed things such as "ooh, poshy!" and "don't forget your manners!", laughing at their horrendous impersonations of me. After a few seconds, which seemed to last forever, it quietened down and the laughter subsided.  "Thing is, sir" a few chuckles from the others "You're not goin' back t' ya' room. Not 'nymore, at least!" There were more cries of encouragement and monkey-like noises from the others. I did, however, noticed the weaker guy hadn't joined in, in fact he seemed slightly uncomfortable. His posture was still strong and stubborn, but something in his eyes flickered with uncertainty. 

"Please just let me past..." I didn't even try moving this time, I wasn't expecting them to move. Suddenly, the first guy (who I presumed was the leader) stepped aside, holding his hand to the side in a gesture implying he wished me to get past. I didn't understand what was going on, but I just wanted it to stop, so I quickly walked past before he changed his mind. But just as I got past the group, one of the men from the back grabbed me by my neck and pulled me into a headlock. I squirmed about trying to escape, and I wasn't exactly weak. I managed to break free and ran straight to the stairs. There was no hope in standing around waiting for an elevator to arrive, pegging it up the stair was my best shot. But they caught me quickly, 3 of them hurled themselves at me, bringing me to the ground and holding me there. As strong as I was, I couldn't take on three large, fully grown men who were determined to hold me captive.