Chapter Twenty: In The End, As We Fade Into The Night

I collapsed onto my bed, sighing as I sunk into the soft covers, encasing me with warmth and comfort. Ashley lay down beside me, and I stretched over so my head was against his shoulder, him snaking his arm around me and pulling me closer. It had been a while since we'd been able to just relax, to just be together and enjoy each others company without stress and worry. After we'd finished explaining to the others what had happened - telling them every detail and answering every question - all either of us wanted to do was sleep, but they weren't having it. There was hugging, exclaiming, sympathy, and expressing of worry. Then, Jinxx all but forced us to calling the police. Not that we weren't going to anyway; there was no way I was letting that scumbag get away with any of this. But I had been hoping for a chance to just forget, to sleep, and I'm sure Ashley felt the same way.

As for Ben and James, they were welcomed with open arms, and got on incredibly with the others. They stayed with us for a few days, but soon decided to leave, as they wished to have their independance, something we all understood completely. We still stayed in contact with them, of course, even after all the police interviews, the questioning and the trial. Ben and James had become close friends and were like brothers to us, and after everything they'd done, there was no way we were letting them go!

So after what felt like an infinity, but in actual fact was a mere few months, of police investigation, of stressful days and restless nights, it was finally all over. Jonathan had been sentenced to life, and many of his accomplices were locked away, although none for as long. The relief that we all felt was so strong you could almost feel it, tangible and powerful. It was like when you go for several nights without sleep and you feel fine, but then when you actually get a chance to rest, it overwhelms you and the tiredness finally kicks in. When that happens, there is nothing better than lying on my big, double bed in my house, with Ashley in my arms, just being together and enjoying each others company. There was nothing I wanted more than to be with him forever.

"So," Ashley began, interrupting the calm serenity that filled the room and breaking the comfortable silence "what are we going to tell them?"

"Tell who?" My voice sounded slightly raspy.

"The fans. I mean like why we've been so absent the past few months, and about, y'know...us..." He murmured. 

"Oh." Was all I could say. I had long ago decided I wanted them to know, and I knew Ashley did to. But in regard to the other...situation. I didn't like keeping things from the fans, but it wasn't something we could exactly announce. I wasn't even sure if it was legal to announce. "Well, I agree with you. About telling them, I mean. We should, we should tell them about us. But not the other stuff. I'm not even sure we can, actually, is it even legal?" I could feel my self growing overtired again, and chances of sleep tonight were fading rapidly.

"Yeah, yeah I think that's best." Ashes leaned his head down and kissed my forehead, a gentle but affectionate peck. I looked up at him and reached up to kiss him properly, wrapping my arms around him and pulling him closer. One hand found his hair, the other on his lower back as I melted into him. His taste was one I could never describe, so delicious. The feel of his body against mine was one I could never grow used to, nor did I want to. All I wanted was for the two of us to be together, in a never ending eternity. If time froze right now and I spent forever locked in his arms, it would be the happiest forever anyone could ever imagine.

The kiss soon began to deepen, getting more and more heated. I rolled over so I was on top of him, pinning him to the bed, but being careful not to put my full weight on him. He pulled me closer, and the friction of our skin rubbing together felt amazing. One of my favourite things about Ash was the fact he never wore a shirt, making my job so much easier. I began kissing from his lips, along his jawline and down his neck, stopping every so often to bit and suck at particular spots. I found his soft spot soon enough, and kissed there, the sound of his moans making me grow harder. I left my mark, then continued, moving on down his body, across his chest, teasing his nipples with my tongue, then moving further down. When I reached his waistline, I stopped and settled with just kissing his hipbones, teasing him as I got daringly close and then quickly moved away. His moans alone were making me feel incredible.