11) Enough Explanation

As soon as the words left Ashton's mouth, Luke had already started the car and was making his way out of the parking lot they were in. Michael held the phone with two hands and bit his lip in worry.

"What do you mean he hit you? Did he hurt you? Are you okay? Do you have to get checked up?" Michael rushed. Ashton was still sobbing and sniffling, trying to calm himself down with the pillow he was clutching close to his chest.

"N-no, I'm okay. He-he just punched me o-on my jaw. It hurts a little, b-but I'm fine." Ashton replies.

Michael took note of how hushed and quiet Ashton's voice was.

"Baby, where are you? Are you at home?" Luke asks, turning the car around and driving at a slow pace. "Y-yeah, I'm in m-my room."

"Love, we're coming over right now, okay? Make sure your doors are locked and just breathe in, sweetie. We're coming." Michael soothes. He was panicked now, but he held it back as good as he possibly can.

After a while of calming Ashton down, the car had stopped in front of a white victorian house. Michael told the honey blond that they were here and asked him to open the door.

A few minutes later, out came Ashton in only an oversized maroon sweater and fuzzy socks that went up to his mid lower leg. He looked around cautiously and when he saw Michael, he ran to him and clung to him tightly.

Michael wrapped his arms around him and held him close, whispering soothing things into his ear.

"H-he tried t-to-," Ashton stammered, sobbing uncontrollably and sniffling. Luke was ringing Calum, an angry expression on his face as he wrapped an arm around both of them. "I'm gonna fucking rip him apart,"

Michael used his other arm that wasn't around Ashton to wrap around Luke's torso and rub his arm, calming him down and kissing his shoulder.

He looks up at him and gives him a reassuring smile. Luke visibly relaxes and he sighs, a small smile forming on his face.

That smile went away immediately once he heard Calum pick up.

He brought the phone to his ear and snarled, "What the fuck, Calum?!"

They heard a soft sigh. "I-I'm sorry, Ash, I know you're listening, I really a-,"

"Shut the fuck up. Be at Ashton's in 10 minutes and you explain why you did what you fucking did, do you hear me? Goodbye." Luke hisses, hanging up directly after he says goodbye.

Michael soothes a shaking Ashton and kisses the top of his head, the honey blond resting his head on his shoulder. Michael rests his on Luke's chest and Luke huffs, setting his chin down on Michael's hair.

"I can't believe he would do this." The tallest of the three mumbles, gritting his teeth tightly and shutting his eyes. Michael shushes him and pulls Ashton closer.

"Don't jump to assumptions so fast, Lu. We haven't heard his side of the story yet. Let's just wait, okay? Calm down." Michael whispers, feeling Ashton whimper against his neck.

Luke clenches his jaw and huffs. "We don't have to. He hit him, that's enough explanation." Michael looks up at him, sighing.