3 | THREE

CHAPTER THREE❝ renegades ❞

CHAPTER THREE
❝ renegades ❞

"There's literally no way in hell I'm going to that party, Blade."

"Um, yeah, there is."

"No, I'm pretty sure there's not. I'm not going to a party where the hostess wants to rip my insides out and watch me eat them."

"You're confusing Game of Thrones with reality again, Rose."

In a sudden burst of anger, Aurora rolled up the magazine that was in her hands and chucked it at her brother. The thick bundle of paper smacked him in the center of his forehead before falling to the floor. Blade stopped fiddling around with his lacrosse stick, eyes narrowing into slits as they honed in on her. She huffed in response, crossed her arms tightly over her chest.

Blade's grip on his lacrosse stick tightened before he let go of it completely. He grabbed the pen that was lying on top of his homework and threw it at her. The plastic object hit her square in the face. A deep blue line appeared just below the bridge of her nose. Her jaw dropped open, completely mortified that he was do such a thing. She leaned forward, wrapping her fingers around one of the many plump grapefruits situated in the basket on the table. Aurora reared back, setting her aim—

"Eh, eh, eh," a deep voice chided from the entrance of the kitchen. "Don't even think about it, Aurora. You know better than to throw things at your brother, and yet, here you are."

Aurora slumped forward in defeat. The grapefruit fell from her grasp and onto the table. "But Dad, he threw his pen at me. He could've poked my eye out, for Christ sake!"

"I can see that," Colten replied, gesturing to the line of ink of her face. "It wasn't so much that you shouldn't be throwing things at Blade, it was that you shouldn't throw such valuable things. That grapefruit is very important. I wouldn't have be so disappointed if it had been that ugly vase sitting in the windowsill." He smirked at his children, grabbing the grapefruit in question before cutting it in half.

"Dad?"

"Yeah?"

"That is Grandpa's urn."

"Shit, is it really?"

Blade chuckled, looking back over his shoulder to his father's shocked expression. "Yeah, it is. But, we won't tell Mom you said that."

"Well, I would appreciate that very much. Because if she ever found out, my name would be on the doghouse outside and not Czar's."