7 | SEVEN

CHAPTER SEVEN❝ crossfire ❞

CHAPTER SEVEN
❝ crossfire ❞

Aurora remained silent as she and Blade sat in the backseat of Stiles' jeep. When she and Blade had gotten home from school, they were immediately picked up by Stiles who informed them that Scott had gone to the Hale house to talk to Derek about what happened to the bus driver. And that Scott was intending on going back to the bus to see if he could remember anything. It was nightfall by the time they arrived at the school, with Scott and Stiles getting out immediately once reaching the back of the school where the bus were parked.

Blade and Aurora grunted and groaned as they tried to wiggle their way out of the backseat; walking up behind the two boys as they began to argue.

"No—just me." Scott said, placing a hand on Stiles' chest to keep him from following him over the gate. "Someone needs to be the look-out."

"Blade and Rose can be the look-outs!" Stiles exclaimed, blindly pointing toward the twins. Aurora rolled her eyes, stepping into her brother's side—using him as a heat source. It was freezing, she could feel the goosebumps rising on her arms. All she wanted to do was go home, and at that point, she could tell that Blade wanted the same. That was why neither of them opposed to being the look-outs...as long as being the look-out allowed sitting in the Jeep.

Scott ran his hands through his hair. A task that was supposed to be simple and only take a few moments, was quickly becoming stressful and time consuming all because Stiles didn't want to be left behind. "Just do it, Stiles!"

Stiles angrily placed his hands on his hips. "Okay, why is it starting to feel like you're Batman and I'm Robin?" Stiles asked. "I don't want to be Robin all the time."

"So, if you two are Batman and Robin does that make me Batgirl and Blade Nightwing?" Aurora asked, curiously nibbling on her thumb. Stiles narrowed his eyes at her while Blade softly chuckled, pulling her further into his side as she began to shiver.

"Nobody's Batman, Robin, Batwoman or Nightbird—"

Blade cleared his throat. "It's Batgirl and Nightwing, Scott."

"Whatever!" Scott shouted, growing frustrated and wondering why the hell the three of them continued to ramble on about pointless shit. Aurora shifted her weight from one foot to the other, becoming tempted to turn away from them and walk back to the Jeep. "Nobody's Batman and Robin and whoever any of the time."

"Not even some of the time?"

"You can't just leave it alone, Stiles?" Blade groaned, watching as Aurora reached out and grabbed the boy's wrist.

"Oh, my God!" Stiles cried out, rolling his eyes.

He turned to head back to his Jeep, practically dragging Aurora the first few feet until she grew tired of being handled and ripped herself away from him. When they finally reached the powder-blue vehicle, Aurora climbed in the back while Blade and Stiles sat in the front. She tucked her hands under her biceps, into her armpits, in attempt to warm them up.