Catching up

I was downstairs eating breakfast with Pattie the next morning. I decided to let Justin sleep because we were going to hang out with jaxon and jazzy today and I didn't want him to be crabby from staying up so late last night.

"So what did you and Justin do yesterday?" Pattie asked me while taking another sip of her coffee.

"Well we went and saw a movie and I met the smith family" I said

"Aww I love them they're all so sweet and laid back" Pattie said.

"Yeah I've always loved their movies and music and meeting them was so cool. Oh and then Justin took me to dinner and then the surprise that we walked to before you left was down the road to where your mom and dads house was" I told her.

"Woah he took you there? He usually try's to stay away from there because it makes him really upset" Pattie said

"Oh really? I mean when we first got there and he told me it was where their house was he squeezed my hand really hard and just kept looking out into the field. But he seemed alright after a few minutes of being quite. Umm if you don't mind me asking what happened to their house? Why isn't it there any more?" I questioned hoping to get an answer

"Well as you know we were poor when Justin was younger" Pattie started

"Yes I know, sorry about that by the way" I said

"Thank you but so it was another one of those days that Justin ran home from school in the middle of the day because he got in trouble. He went right to Bruce and started with another story on how some other kid was bullying him so Justin spat in his face. As usual Bruce took him into the kitchen and gave him some juice and a doughnut. That day Bruce heard a knock on his door. He went to open it but didn't see anyone. He did however see a notice in the door and it said they had 31 days to move out because the city was tearing down their house to put a gas station there. They didn't know what to do. They asked to move in with me and Justin at our small two room apartment and of course I said yes. With in two days of them moving in, their house was gone but no gas station ever went up in its place. Justin was devastated." Pattie finished.

"Oh my god that's awful the city can't do that can they?" I asked

"Well I'm not sure Morgan but they did and it's always been a weak spot for Justin now what else did you guys do?" She asked.

"Well while we were there he umm he told me that he wanted to make a fresh happy memory there and he gave me a promise ring" I said looking down at my hand with a big smile on my face.

"Oh my god let me see it!" Pattie said walking over to stand by my. I lifted up my hand with the ring on it and showed her, while she was gushing over it I noticed Justin leaning against the door frame and smiled at him.

"Morning" I said. Pattie looked up to see her son walking over toward us.

"Morning boo, do you like it mom?" He said to us

"Justin it's beautiful you did a good job" Pattie told him.

"Thanks, well Morgan we should get ready to go pick up Jaxon and jazzy" Justin told me. I got up from the table and followed him upstairs. I got dressed and went into the bathroom to put on some mascara and throw my hair up into a bun. Justin was dressed and sitting on the bed looking at his phone.

"How'd you sleep?" he asked me from the room

"Amazing" I replied I replied from the bathroom. After I finished getting ready and went back to the bedroom and asked Justin what he was looking at on his phone and he said there was new news about the shooter from the concert. Supposedly this girl is very tall and has fake looking red hair.