Chapter 3

*Spencer's P.O.V*

I woke up slightly dazed. I checked the time on my phone.

"Holy Crap!"

It was 12 midday. I was supposed to meet Emma today at 1pm. I quickly hopped out of bed and ran to the bathroom. I waited for the shower to heat up and stepped into the hot water.

When I got out, I wrapped my hair up in a towel and scampered to my room to pick something to wear. After pulling almost everything out of my wardrobe I finally settled on my off the shoulder Union Jack t-shirt and a pair of ripped denim shorts I didn't even know I had.

I unwrapped my hair out of the towel, quickly brushed it and then tied it into a messy bun letting it dry naturally. I walked over to my dressing table and applied a light cover of foundation. Then I quickly rimmed my hazel eyes with black eye liner and mascara before I put on my favourite pink lip gloss.

I put some stuff in a bag including my hoodie and umbrella because it looked like it was going to rain, slipped on my black vans and dashed out of my room and downstairs.

"Bye Everyone! I'll be ba-" I started to say.

"Hang on Spencer!" my twin brother Harrison cut me off just as I was about to leave.

"What?" I asked, frustrated tapping my nails on the wooden door frame just as I did when I was annoyed.

"I need a ride to the shopping centre," he told me.

"Ok fine. Get in," I said.

"Hang on just a sec'" he winked at me before skidding back into the kitchen.

"I'll be in the car!" I yelled throwing my hands up.

When Harrison finally got in the car it was already raining.

"So what are you doing today?" Harrison asked me turning on the radio.

"I'm going dress shopping." I told him. He gave me a startled look.

"But you don-" he started to say before I cut him off.

"It's for Emma. For the dance the first week back at university." I explained. "I'm not buying any dress."

"Oh! So your not going to the dance?" he asked me "Ooh I love this song!" he yelled blasting Troublemaker by Olly Murs. "And you need to pick up Ryan too." he smiled like an angel child.

I groaned turning left into Emma's street. I pulled up to Emma's house and banged on their blue front door.

Emma's older brother Jason opened the door.

"Um hey Jason. Is Emma there?" I stammered and my face began to turn red.

"Yeah hang on I'll go get her," he said smiling. "Come inside you're getting wet." he added before turning around and running upstairs.

Chills ran down my spine whenever her spoke. Emma knew I always liked her brother, even before I went out with Cody. And even after the 'Cody Thing' I still thought he was cute. But he was almost 25 so it was a bit of an age gap.

Emma ran downstairs and her eyes widened when she saw me.

"Hey Spence!" she squealed before embracing me in a big hug. "How was the party?" she asked eagerly stopping me in the doorway.

"I'll tell you later." I grinned. "Harrison's in the car" I sighed.

We sprinted back to my car still managing to soaked. I got into the drivers seat and Emma slid into the back seat. I picked up Ryan and dropped him and Harrison off at the shopping centre and Emma and I continued to the boutiques.