Chapter 3 // I'm doing it for fifty bugs

"No way!" Lacey laughed while chewing on her tuna sandwich.

Me, Lacey, Cole, Noel, Matt and Nick were sitting in the cafeteria. It was Monday, and we had just finished math class.

"Way." Noel answered and gave Cole a high five.

"And the janitor didn't see you? How is that even possible? He sees everything!" She almost choked.

"I know, he's like an owl!" I said laughing.

Cole and Noel had gotten straight A's on their tests and Lacey was so jealous, but she would never dare to break into school like that. Besides partying and sleeping with guys, she was a very strict girl (which I thought was kind of funny).

"Hell yeah I'm doing that again." Cole said and picked up some fries.

"I can do it again for fifty bugs." I said, but I was just teasing.

Suddenly, of course as the words slipped out of my mouth, Amanda walked by and therefore overheard my last sentence.

Great, I thought, now she was going to think I was a slut who was doing my best friends for money, and we all knew that if a rumor was circulating around school it came from Amanda. She looked at us like a question mark, then she started to smirk, walked up to were Cole was sitting and bent over to whisper something in his ear. He smiled.

Seriously?

Then she walked away with her high heel shoes and the little golden purse which I thought was hideous, but what did I know about fashion.

"What did she say to you?" I asked Cole.

"That she could do me for free any time." He was smirking and high fiving the guys, who were responding by laughing and making loud sex noises.

"And you didn't stop her? I mean, now she's thinking I'm a total slut! She's going to tell everybody!" I was so angry at him, because I had a good reputation to maintain. He just sat there and chewed on his fries and didn't care, he didn't care at all.

"So what if she does? You could totally need some." He laughed. Really?

"What the hell is that supposed to mean? I need to get laid?" I was furious.

"You have to relax a little, get a taste. Stop being so dramatic all the time. I can make you look good you know." He said, very relaxed.

"Oh so I'm over dramatic now? I'm sorry if I don't want to be called a slut in front of all my friends and teachers! And what? I don't need you to have a good reputation, you are so self absorbed!" I was so angry that I left the table without even finish my lunch first. I was so mad at him. Just because he had done it with every hot girl in school didn't make him some kind of expert, and especially not over my situation?

I stormed into the classroom and didn't care that everyone was watching, but I had to cool down, otherwise Mr Shepard would want to talk to me. Breathe slowly, I thought for myself. I inhaled and exhaled like me and my mom had learned in a yoga class we used to go to.

The class went on slowly, and it felt like it never would end. Eventually the bell rang and I could finally get home. I walked pass my locker to pick up some homework when I heard people talking.

"She does guys for money." A blonde girl said to her friends. "I thought she was a virgin?" Another one said.

I couldn't believe it. So now it was out, Penny sluttin' it up. I slammed my locker door and turned around.

"You want to do it? Let's do it!" I said and looked over at them, and they looked like they had just seen a ghost. "Uhmm.." was everything that escaped their lips. "Uhhmm do you know what? What about minding your own business and don't believe everything you hear?" I said before storming out of the building.