The mistake

• Dedicated to Daniel Richardson

I was bored. I was always bored. This was a different kind of boredom. The kind that didn't pass and took over every little bit of me, making me not just want but need to do something and I knew with my track record, there was one thing that would take away the boredom and probably cause some long lasting damage. Not the kind of thing you'd relate to this but that's how it all started off as I popped up to Lilly and Billy on Msn with four words; Let's play a game?

It was pretty boring still. My excitement began to die down as soon as the game began and I wondered if it would be more exciting face to face but it was better than nothing and I was sure it'd liven up later on so I carried on playing until it came to my turn. I thought about it for all but two seconds before picking Dare. I just hoped it wouldn't take ages for them to think of a dare because that was just annoying. Not that I could say much since I took forever usually as well but I'm a hypocrite so I don't care. 

Eventually they appeared to have agreed on a dare for me and as it came on screen I laughed out loud. This was ridiculously easy. Ask out the third person on my side bar on Facebook which narrowed it down to the people I spoke to most which I thought would make it obvious I was joking but the first person that came up was Billy. This failed. I told him that it was him and we agreed to do the next person along which was Ollie, who I flat out refused to play the joke on because I didn't want to annoy him since I'd done something like this before. You probably get that I like playing jokes that end up being a little less than funny to everyone else. Maybe I should of learnt a lesson. Nah, I think I'll just carry on. 

The final person that was there that I couldn't refuse to do was Kyle and I thought, fair enough. He'll know it's a joke and bonus, I could finally find out if he did like me or not. Something good might come out of this extreme boredom. Without thinking I typed out the message and clicked send. Dare complete I thought and then thought nothing of it. 

I didn't actually think he'd reply but when he did, as I'd expected it was some stupid chav reply that was obviously a joke. I decided that I'd continue my dare and convince him it was true. When I eventually managed that he seemed to go into some state of shock and confusion, telling me he hadn't expected it at all. I couldn't help but raise an eyebrow even at the computer screen wondering how he could not notice how much I liked him. I'd been hanging around him loads and talking to him almost every second of the day - Oh, I was so unobvious. 

Now I was just waiting for the rejection, I would of happily accepted it and took it as a cue to move on and still been friends except the longer I waited, tonight the rejection never came. Instead a lot of confusion and apparantley he did like me too. That took me by surprise and I wondered if he was thinking the same as me.

I guess I'd forgotten about truth or dare because I don't even remember registering what happened next then Billy had to go and it was just me and Lilly reflecting on the fun we'd had in out Dares tonight. What I'd forgot to mention is that earlier on in the game she got the same dare and ended up asking out this guy who was a bit of a perv sometimes and in reply he'd asked for a 'blow job' which she'd refused. Her chav typing skills amazed me. So congratulating each other on being so conving we both decided we'd cut our losses and go to bed.