Chapter 7

Daisha POV

It's Christmas eve and I'm excited. I was in my room writing poetry when it was a knock at my door. I ignored it by putting my Beats by Dre Solos on. I ignored it because if I stop I'm not gonna wanna finish.

I was on the second verse when I felt a hand on my shoulder. I pulled off my headphones and jumped up. I turned around and Chris was there looking at me weird.

Chris: You ok? You seem kinda jumpy.

I took a deep breath and closed my eyes. Then I started talking breathlessly.

Daisha: I'm fine. What do you want I'm doing something.

Chris: well I was jus-wait. What are You doing.

Daisha: Nothing that concerns you.

I grabbed my book quickly and put it in my draw. I took a deep breath and turned around to see Chris standing over my desk reading something. I walked over to it and realized it was the letter to Red 'when I didn't wanna talk' that I hated my room. I ran over to it and snatched it off the desk and ripped it up. I looked at Chris and he looked dumbfounded.

Chris: So you hate the room.

Daisha: I mean yea. I hate the color blue and as you can see my closet is mostly filled up with red cloths and shoes.

Chris: Oh ok. But anyways. I wanted to talk to you about Christmas and what you wanted.

Daisha: I don't know but, I do want one thing.

I started whispering again and my eyes started to water. I put my head down and just thought long and hard about my brother. Chris looked at me with a worried look.

Chris: What?

Daisha: My brother.

Chris POV

When Daisha said her brother is what she wanted she wiped the tears. I couldn't help but to ask her more.

Chris: Why? I mean ain't brothers and sisters suppose to fight and stuff.

I chuckled to lighten the tension but she just stared blankly at the wall.

Daisha: My brother was the only one I had. He understood me, you know. Where I was coming from. People think my mom and dad taught me about sex and stuff. They didn't. He did. He taught me about boys. I remember I was like 9 I hit puppetry real quick. When I went to the bathroom I saw blood and I ran out and yelled 'OH MY GOD, I HAD A MISCARRIAGE'. He heard me and was like 'what'. I said go look in the bathroom. He went in and chuckled. I stood there like 'why was he chuckling'. He took me to his room and told me every I needed to know about my period, sex, AIDS, HIV. Every thing. Not even a month later my parents found out he was a drug dealer  and kicked him out. We never talked about him. Ever. And by me calling him buddy since I could talk I can't remember his real name.

I kept my eyes on her as she talked about her brother. She would chuckle at some parts and would go right back to serious then back to crying. Like he was her father. No wonder why she so tough. She got her brothers instincts on what he would do.

I wanted to test that out. I smirked and raised my hand like I was going to hit her. She looked up quick and grabbed my arm slapping my in the face. She looked surprised at what she did and covered her mouth.