Chapter II

*Bella's POV*
I wasn't completely sure what had happened last night, I was angry and scared and headed to Mako to be alone. I was there for hours, when suddenly I heard screaming and took off into the water. Maybe I got a little too much moonlight but I think I saw the legs of two females in the pool when the magic happened.

If this had actually happened, it meant two girls would soon wake up to find their legs replaced with a long, golden tail when they touch water. What if they weren't so lucky to be alone on their first transformation? What if mermaids are discovered and they start to come after us? What if they want to dissect us? All of us.

But there was also a chance that nothing happened last night. Perhaps it was all a dream, I do have some crazy dreams. Maybe the newly generated moon pool meant we had to go through moonstruck phases again. But even if I was moonstruck at the time, I wouldn't remember it this clearly; moonstruck memories are foggy.

I needed someone else's opinion. Rikki would be fast asleep still, the girl was definitely not a morning person. Cleo is usually fishing with Lewis on early Sunday mornings, despite the fact she hates it, I guess she wants to make the most of Lewis's time in the Gold Coast. And Will seemed completely out of the picture after how rudely he acted yesterday.

That only left one person I could talk to; Emma. She'd only been back for 2 weeks and I didn't think she liked me too much. She thinks I replaced her as the third mermaid but it wasn't true. She could be really stubborn and stuck up, as I'd learnt.

I headed over to the JuiceNet Café knowing I'd find Emma there. I had to be quick, the café would open soon and Emma would be too busy for a chat, especially if it was with me.

(A/N I know Rikki's replaces the JuiceNet but it was such an amazing place and Wilfred is my favorite supporting character, I have no idea why, he's only in like 5 episodes. I couldn't take away Rikki's because I love that place too, so I'm keeping them both!)

I knocked on the glass door and Ash's face appeared through the blinds. He shouted for Emma and she opened the door for me. As I had expected, she rolled her eyes and didn't seem too pleased to see me. She walked outside and I started talking, knowing she wouldn't give me much time.

"I was wondering if-," she cut me off.
"Cut to the chase," Emma snapped.
"Okay, well. I think there were two girls in the moon pool last night."
"How do you know?" she questioned.
"I was there, well at least I think-," she cut me off again.
"You didn't think to stop them?"
"And have our secret exposed?" I was getting angry, all I wanted was some help.
"Well now they're part of the secret, Bella. You're such an idiot."

She turned and marched inside. What else could I have expected from her, now she just hated me even more. I was angry but she had a point, why didn't I stop them? I didn't know what else to do so I went back to Mako to look for evidence.

*Nala's POV*
I woke up late again, I guess I was exhausted from my midnight adventure with Tammy. I walk downstairs to make myself some breakfast, the house was quiet for a change, where was everyone?

I guess my parents had gone to work already and my younger brother, Sebastian must have gone to his friends house to play video games or something. I don't know what he likes to do, we don't talk very much.

I pour myself a glass of cold water to help me wake up. I'm too tired to even think straight and pour the water all over myself. I sigh and go get a towel but found myself on the floor, I can trip over thin air, it's my secret talent.

I try to stand up but couldn't manage to separate my legs. I roll over onto my back and was shocked by my latest discovery. I scream, not in frustration or fear, I just scream. What was this, some kind of joke, how did this happen?