Chapter 5:

Chapter 5:

Ashley:

 Am I dead already?

If I am, why do I sore all over?

You’re not supposed to hear anything or feel any pain when you’re dead, do you?

Maybe I’m not dead after all, I chided to myself.

 Then I heard a voice. A voice that I’m so familiar with. The deep and husky voice of Carl. I tried to move but my whole body felt so heavy. So instead I tried to open my eye lids, but they won’t open even an inch!

I heard Carl say “How’s her leg Doc.?”

“So far we haven’t seen any improvements on her leg. It’s still the same.”Then I heard the doctor saying.

I heard Carl groaning loudly. But proceeded on asking the doctor;

Whoa! Wait a minute! What does Carl mean about my leg?!!!

“How about her vital signs?”

“Her vital signs are looking good. But we still don’t know if there are some problems in her brain. So we will do some more tests on her, like MRI.” The doctor said.

“Oh… “Was all I heard Carl say.

“When she wakes up, there’s a tendency that she can’t feel her leg. But don’t worry, it’s a normal thing. It’s because of the effect of anesthesia we have injected in her leg when we conducted the surgery. And when the anesthesia wears off from her legs, it’s the only time we will start to give pain killers. Because by that time, she will start to feel excruciating pain coming from her leg.” The doctor continued.

After awhile Carl’s voice and the doctor’s became muffled. My brain was starting to shut down and my conscious mind was slipping away…

Carl:

“But there’s a 50% possibility that her leg will function normally. Let’s just hope for the best.” The doctor said.

When I didn’t say anything the doctor continued “Well son, I have to go. I’ll just come back later for her to be prepared for the MRI, ok?” he said smiling.

The doctor’s leaves the room but I just kept on staring at Ashley’s face. Wild thoughts were flying on my mind

Oh my god! Ashley’s chance of recovering her left leg fully is 50%. This cannot happen; Ashley will be devastated when she wakes up and find out about this.”

Then there’s a knock on the door. Before opening it, I composed myself first. But before I could even reach the door, it flew open revealing, what I think almost half of my football team. They flooded on the door way bring all sorts of things with them. Like a bunch of flowers, chocolates, and gifts. They were followed by Alice and Mark; Ashley’s best friend and cousin.

Alice’s face looked so haggard at the moment. Her hair was sticking in every direction. My team mates looked like they were in the middle of practice. Their hair was windswept and they were all panting. And they looked like they were late for their dates cuz’ of all the stuff’s they were holding.

Then I asked “Why are you all in here panting?”

“Because we were in the middle of practice when Alice interrupted it and told us about Ashley. It’s a good thing coach wasn’t there. She told us it was an order coming from you. So we immediately cancelled the practice.”

I looked questioningly at Alice but she was too busy looking at Ashley’s unconscious face. Then I looked at Kevin listening to his explanation again; “But unfortunately there was a car accident and the cars weren’t moving. So Alice here decided we just run. We didn’t have any other choice so that’s what we did. When we got here we found out that the elevator was broken, so we took the stairs instead. We wanted to rest for a bit, you know sit on the stairs, but Alice wouldn’t allow us. So that’s why we’re all panting.” Kevin said without pausing.

 I smirked when he mentioned the word ‘elevator’.

‘But what about all these stuff?” I asked

“Oh this?” they pointed to the gifts “its Alice’s fault.” Brad said. (N/A: Brad is one of Carl’s linebackers)

 I watched all of them with shock and surprise, because I never thought they cared for Ashley this much.  I just stood there rooted on my spot, speechless. When Ron approached me, asking if they could lay the gifts on the table and put the flowers in the vase, I just nodded in reply.

After putting down the stuff they brought, the boys slumped down on the couch and some just sat on the floor for they don’t fit in the couch any more. I gave each of them a glass of water and they fished it in just one gulp.

“Thirsty much?” I asked playfully.

 They all looked at me bellowing “You didn’t run one kilometer after all!!!”

“Whatever…” I replied rolling my eyes at them. I turned my back on them when a brilliant idea popped to my mind. I said turning to them again “Hey guys, I’ve got a brilliant Idea!”

“What is it?” asked Clark.

“Why don’t you guys just run one kilometer every time we have our practice?”

“WHAT?!!!!!” shouted Kevin.

“You have to be joking captain!” Brad said smiling.

“No I’m not.” I said seriously.

 In return all I received was very loud groaning coming from my team mates. They didn’t say anything else because they knew they were going to have a punishment if they complained.

Then Alice suddenly said “What happen to Ashley?”

I nearly forgot that she’s here!

 I turned around to find her sitting beside the bed Ashley was on. I could see she’s crying. Alice was stroking the back of Ash’s hands while staring at her. Mark was standing behind Alice, staring at me questionably; his gaze penetrating me.

Then I said “She got hit by a van…”

O~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~O

N/A:

Guy’s I’m sorry if there are some mistakes in this chap. I was in rushing typing this one so I’m really sorry. I would not be able to upload again tomorrow because my 4 day’s vacation from school ends today. So maybe I will be able to upload this week ends. Pls bear with me… thanks for the support and don’t forget to vote and post your comment regarding my story thanks a lot!!!!

OXOX
piya