Chapter Two: We Find A Bear In The Middle Of November

Penelope

After spending so much time in the rusty cabin listening to the noise of others, I decided to plan something fun.

My fun isn't really what you would call your fun, probably. Unless you're as messed and jacked up as me, of course.

So my plan has to do something when everyone else is asleep or passed out of drinking so much. I will go to each and every cabin, and basically trash that place. Really bad.

Let's just say there will be lots of toilet paper, whipped cream, and a huge whack of mess. That's my thing.

"What's the plan again?" Alexander whispers as softly as he can, sitting beside me. I think the alcohol he drank was wearing off because Alex seemed to be more himself now.

I softly whisper my plan to him for the hundredth time, as he shakes his head unbelievably. "There's no way I'm going to be doing that! What if the cops get involved?" Alex jumps back.

"That's the best part!" I say sarcastically as he jumps up.

"No way, Penelope. I'm out." Alex says as he steps out the cabin door.

"No, wait! Come back!" I shout, as Alex stops in his tracks. "I'm not changing my mind." Alex shrugs.

"Just sit down, Alex."

Alex does as I tell him to. "I'm still not changing my mind." He says.

"Fine, you don't have to be. But just don't bust me out when people ask, okay?" I question in concern.

"People are going to be expecting you, Penelope. You're like the only messed up rebel around this city, so.

"Alexander, all of us are rebels right now. We're under-age drinking, smoking marijuana-"

"Legal marijuana."

"Yeah, whatever." I say while I roll my eyes.

Alexander gets up the second time and this time walks out the door. I sigh in confusion.

Sometimes I wonder why Alex is even my best friend? He doesn't even help me in these stuff. A best friend is supposed to be in trouble with their best friend. Not just alone, you know?

Alexander runs back in, unexpectedly, shouting my name. "Penelope! Penelope!"

"What do you want, loser?"

"Emmett! That's what happened!"

Oh whoops, I forgot to tell him. "You didn't notice?" I ask, while munching on some Cheetos.

"There's a bear, Penelope! Hurry!"

Suddenly, my whole world shook underneath. Bears were my worst enemy, and what was a bear doing in the middle of winter? Oh wait, it's November. But aren't they supposed to be hibernating?

"Well, what do we do?" I ask, petrified, grabbing the first thing I could find, which had to include my phone and my Cheetos.

"I don't know if we should hide or-"

Suddenly, my sentence was cut short when a whole mob of the crowd ran inside, trampling each other in the way.

"Run to a corner!" Someone shouted, while I got pushed to the cabin walls by some others.

"Run upstairs!" Someone else shouted.

I was so scared, I could hardly move. Well, in reality I really couldn't move because I was being trampled alone by the crowd, but I think anxiety was kicking in because I couldn't move at all.

I looked around for Alexander, and saw him running up the cabin stairs. Finally, I jerked up, but had fallen again when someone stepped on my leg part-way when getting up.

This sharp sensation tingled through out my bones. I was frightened, angry, and terrifyingly hurt. All these emotions jerked inside of my heart.

But I couldn't think more when someone lifted me up with strong hands. I tried to search for their face, but couldn't because of all the blurriness and black spots that laid in front of my eyes. I tumbled along with them, as they grabbed my arm and rushed me upstairs.

I don't know what happened next, but next thing I know, everything blacked out.

_____

I opened my eyes to find myself in front of long trees, which were very unfamiliar. I realized they were Evergreen trees.

Wait, we were camping out in a place filled with branches, no leaves. Not Evergreen trees.

I jerked up to find a few other familiar faces in front of me. I almost screamed when I realized about three of them were Emmett's friends. I also realized that Emmett was sound asleep in front of a tree, sleeves pulled up to his hands.

His friends had mittens, hats, and warm coats on but what Emmett had was only a thin sweatshirt with tan pants. No hats, no gloves, no winter accessories.

But what surprised me was that I felt really warm. I hadn't been this warm in like, the whole camping trip.

I looked at my hands, unsurprised if my fingers had fallen off of the cold, but was surprised to find big black gloves resting on them.

There was a familiar smell of cologne around me. I looked around myself to find myself bundled up in an unzipped oversized coat.

This was Emmett's coat.

But then again, why was I wearing it?

I got up so fast that I almost fell over when the familiar black spots filled in front of my eyes. But soon enough, those spots vanished when I held onto an Evergreen tree, it's spikes poking me on my palm.

I quickly let go and unwrapped myself out of the over sized coat and placed it on Emmett. His luscious, thick lashes were wrapped over his eyes, so I knew he was still asleep.

I didn't give him the mittens though, because even with these thick gloves on, my fingers felt as if they were turning blue.

I decided to go explore this new forest to find out where I was. Probably not the best of option in the middle of the night, but what can I say? I'm a risk taker.