Chapter 23

Bonnie had seen all of Andorra’s past from losing her mom to meeting Alexander to saving his life as she told them. Then it came the event that ruined her relationship with Artemis. Artemis, Hestia, and Athena stood before Zeus and pledged their virginity to him. The girls also packed with each other to never lay or love a man. Andorra knew of the internal struggle this made in Artemis, for she had fallen in love with Alexander.

“You must stop lying to everyone it will drive you mad sister,” Andorra pleaded with Artemis. “If Zeus,”-

“I can’t let this be the end.” Artemis love the young king with everything she had within her. Nothing in the world meant more to her than Alexander.

“Athena knows and if you lay with”-

“I would never do such a thing,” she yelled. Andorra flinched at the edge in her sister’s voice. She had never seen Artemis like this and it frightened her. Artemis was in a fragile state and on the verge of doing something reckless for this human.

“You can’t be so certain of such things. The heart follows no rules, which is why I’m here.”

“Zeus loves you,” Artemis said with a kind smile.

“I’ll wait for you in the woods so you can talk to him. The Persians speak of him going to Tyre.”

“It has fallen to our young king.”

“That’s good maybe he’ll come home soon.”

“He wants Egypt…” Artemis said knowing it was still very much Andorra’s home.

“Whatever for?”

“It’s a wealthy land not only for profit, but for thought.”

“I must go,” Andorra said not being able to stomach war talk. It wasn’t her cup of tea, but it seemed to be all the Greeks knew. Their wars left famine and disaster to whomever they conquered. They had no grace or mercy when it came to war.

“I must ask you a favor, sister.”

“What is it?”

“Please promise you will first?”

“Of course.”

“Would you go to Egypt and give this to Alexander,” Artemis said as she manifested a scroll for Xander.

“I couldn’t.”

“But you promised?” Artemis reminded her.

Andorra swallowed unsure of how she was going to face him. Alexander had put thousands of young boys to death simply for being of fighting age. He also sent many women and children into the slave trade without a second thought. All to prevent protest and uprising against his conquest. “Of course.”

“Thank you. I love you so much Dori,” Artemis shrieked as she embraced her sister.

Andorra paced the floor of her old room. The palace hadn’t changed much in the last couple of dynasties. It was weird being here and just watching her country fall to Alexander a man she once trusted. She heard him and his men approaching her room to look for people to become their captives. Andorra was sure that choosing to wear a red and gold kalasiris dress and a gold lace shawl over it was a bit too bold. When Xander opened the double doors of her chambers he looked nothing like the boy she knew. As with a lot of men, age treated him well. He had a soft wisdom to his eyes, and a bit of facial hair. His body was heavy with muscle and was well sculpted. He returned his sword to his side. “I bring you word from Artemis.”

Xander bowed to the goddess as she approached him. “Thank you,” he said looking up at her. Andorra simply smiled and walked to the door. “Is there more?”