Chapter 2

“Hey it’s me again,” Damon said looking out over his balcony. He was calling Bonnie for the God know how many time today. She wouldn’t talk to him, and Stefan wasn’t helping. He thought about going to Elena or Caroline, but they would just want to know what happened.

“””

“I’m glad we could all get together and hangout like we used too,” Caroline laughed as she walked into Mystic Grill with her three best friends Elena, Matt, and Bonnie.

“I am too,” Elena smiled at Bonnie.

“There’s Jamie,” she said bring her friends over to meet him. Bonnie and Jamie grew closer the weeks that followed another one of her mother’s disappearances.

“Whatever you guys want it’s on me,” Jamie smiled at the group. This was his first time being with everyone all at once, and he wanted to make a good impression.

“You’re the guest it’s my treat,” Caroline said calling a waiter over.

“Hey Caroline can I talk to you,” Tyler said coming up to their table.

“No,” Matt said getting up and standing in-between them.  

“It’s okay,” she said going over to the bar with Tyler.

“What’s the deal with that guy?” Jamie asked confused.

“It’s a long story,” they all said together and laughed.

Bonnie’s phone rung it was Damon calling again. She sent it to voicemail and continued to enjoy her friends’ company. She liked being able to do normal things. The only thing Damon had to offer her was destruction and confusion.

“Can you help me with a round of drinks?” Matt asked Jamie.

“Sure thing,” he said smiling his sweet smile.

“How is he holding up?” Elena asked Bonnie.

“Better than I thought he would. He and Abby were really close,” she halfheartedly smiled. “I really thought that she would stay for him,” Bonnie said shaking her head, as if it would get the confusion out.

“I’m sure she’ll be back someday,” Elena smiled.

“It’s okay if she doesn’t comeback. I was fine without her,” Bonnie smiled. “I’m sure Jamie will get used to not having her too,” she shrugged.

Elena’s phone went off and by the ringtone she knew it was Damon. “I can’t talk right now,” she said about to hang up.

“Where are you?” he asked.

“The grill,” she said sounding aggravated.

“Bonnie there?” he asked.

“Why?”

“Is she there?!” he yelled at her.

Without meaning to Elena answered. “She’s right here why?” The line went silent. “Hello…Hello?” Elena said.

“Stefan?” Bonnie said with a smile.

“I haven’t talked to him lately, it was Damon,” she smiled.

“I heard me name,” Damon said walking up behind Bonnie and grabbing her arm.

“What are you doing?” Elena asked.

“I need to barrow Bonnie for a second,” he smiled at Elena admiring the low cut top she was wearing.

“What did I tell you,” she said picking up a menu and pretending Damon Salvatore wasn’t standing behind her.