Chapter 2

No matter where I went, no matter where I looked, whenever I would quickly turn, I would see a movement in the corner of my eye. Once again, I most certainly have more important things to worry about. I heard the sound of a hydraulic door, and I spun to my right to see that the door on the far end of the hall had been opened. I limped over to the door as quickly as possible, but upon looking through the door, the room seemed to be very small. The only noticeable thing in the entire chamber was a single white creature, crouched down on the ground. It seemed to be crying, but it was hard to get a good luck as the creature was facing the wall. I stepped back and turned around as to canvas the surrounding hall for any type of exit. The sound of my footstep must have startled the creature, as he slowly got up and started to pace around his cell. He seemed completely docile, thankfully, or else I had a large problem. Upon looking closely from the front, it had grossly out of proportion arms with claws on the ends of the knuckles (where the fingers should've been.) As I was looking around, the thing wandered out of its chamber, walking directly in front of me. Now that I had a chance to view the face, the jaw was extremely out of proportion as well; hanging down much farther than it should. Something happened when I looked at its face, some kind of trigger inside of the creature. It began to cover its face with its hands, and started to babble and scream, shaking at the same time. Luckily, I had the sense to run for my life. To my right down another walkway was an open door, so I hobbled inside and shut the door behind me. Suddenly and ominously, I heard a large scream come from the other side of the door. After a few seconds even, the screaming didn't stop, and a pair of claws unexpectedly pierced through the metallic door, clipping my side. The creature started to bang on the door with increasing strength, and if it could pierce through the door, it could probably break down the door as well. I pulled myself off the ground and ambled as quickly as possible with a painful leg injury over to another door, which with a slam I sealed behind me to attempt to delay the creature. Another D-Class was here as well, standing on the left side of the closed door. "I'm surprised there is another survivor" he stated bleakly. And with that, he took off across the room in an attempt to reach the door on the far end. Abruptly, a jolt of electricity struck him from a mechanism imbedded in the ceiling and he was knocked to the floor, writhing like a fish out of the water. If he wouldn't have demonstrated, I probably would have died. It seemed that the electric mechanism was motion activated, so if I could fake it out and then hop through during the cool down, I might actually make it. Just as I started to stagger in that direction, I heard a bang on the door. Without looking behind me, I undoubtedly knew what was on the other side, and I undoubtedly knew I did not want to meet it. As I jumped towards the fence and fell on my back, the electricity bolts shot everywhere except where I was. The moment I got myself back up, the door flew into the air and skidded against the ground with a screech. I rolled through the inactive "fence" and instantly jumped up on the other side. With the satisfaction of watching that creature being electrocuted, I leapt through the open door and closed it before I slammed against the cold floor. In sheer exhaustion, I laid down against the wall, hoping that I was finally safe. Something I had noticed though was that on this side of the door, a dead guard lay still on the ground with a level 3 key card in his hand. If this door required a key card to open, what could be in here? My questions were partially answered when I saw a warning sticker on the wall to my right, followed by the text "SCP-106 "The Old Man", Class: Keter, Cognito Hazard: Sentient and Violent. Having no idea what any of those meant except for sentient and violent, I realized that I had probably just locked myself in a cage with a very dangerous being. Abruptly, I felt a slimy substance appear under me. Looking down, the entire floor around me had turned black, and an arm stretched out. Before I could react, I was pulled down into the floor.

[?