Chapter 4

The "infinite hallway" branched off into another room; a large one with rows of computers and desks, which were destroyed and slammed into a corner. All except for a cluster that is; they stood still in the centre of the room. Looking around for an exit, I heard a strange sound; a mix of mumbling and squirting. I peered around the large room for a while before I found the source. Over on the far side of the room, a dead corpse laid on the ground. In itself, that wouldn't have been so terrifying if I wouldn't have seen the "doctor" sewing the corpse up. It seemed to have a beak on its face and was wearing a black robe which completely covered the creature. It finished sewing it up and started slowly wandering in my direction. I don't know if that thing killed the person in the first place, but I wasn't going to take a chance. As I slowly started to back up back into the "infinite hallway", the creature heard my footsteps and starting running towards me with its arm outstretched. I pressed the button as quickly as possible and ran into the left room of the hallway. The door opened slowly with a screech, and a hand protruded through the crevice. It quickly pushed the door aside and started to chase me again. It was at this point that I had the idea to run through the infinite hallway and end up behind it, and the plan worked. Since I had fallen from a gaping black hole in the ceiling, backtracking through the doorway behind me would be different than before. Before the thing could track me down, I silently crept into the room behind me, which had an elevator. And with that, I closed the elevator doors and the machine started to climb the shaft.