Chapter 1 :The Chase

Jacob

I am Jacob Livingston,I don't have a job,I don't have a home am not even sure if I have a life worth living.
All I have is my sister and these streets.
I've been abandoned, picked on and left to die.

Nobody cares any more. I have to rob people and break into the kitchens of restaurants to feed my sister and I.

I always go in to restaurants such as The Pelican, Ramdin and a seafood restaurant of which I'm not sure of the name.

My sister and I don't stay one place for too long so we always roam around to find somewhere....suitable. Today we were at the corner of a breakfast cafe.

"Coby,I'm not sure about this "Dianna said

As I tried to boost my sister through the kitchen window. I could see her head moving as she took a look around.

"Just jump nothing's gonna happen to you"I said

She went through and I heard a loud thud."Deedee,are you OK?"
When she didn't answer I stood on a box only to see a chef and a man in a black suit shining a flashlight into my sister's eye's. 

"Hey,get down, come here!"I heard the man in the black suit said coming out through a door and after me.

I took up the box and started to run,I have to admit he's pretty fast for a man of his age. He looked like a fifty year old. Then I remembered that I abandoned my sister so I turned around and threw the box at the man.
He paused in his tracks like a car about to crash and I ran quickly around him and back to the cafe.