Chapter 6 : Getting Along

Dianna

I've realized that the past few days my brother has been helping Barry a lot. Washing his car,shining his shoes,those little things. I didn't know before but they even have a little puppy that my brother and Eric take care of,those two have been getting along very well.

Me on the other hand have been teaching Mr.Erickson how to write in cursive. We've been talking a lot and I got understand that he didn't go to school at my age, it was when he was thirty-seven he visited his father, a teacher in England and he began his lessons from there.

Eric and I didn't have a conversation from the day his father asked us to stay. I was lying on my belly on his bed and watched him reading a book and asked"What are you reading? ".

"A Small World by Joe Antobesk,It's about a homeless girl who's long lost dead father leaves a large amount of money and other stuff for her, she meets a boy,falls in love,and I don't know the rest because I'm not done reading,it's funny how the girl reminds me so much of you",he said.

The way he said that,the way he looked at me so deeply,boring into my soul, drowning my heart,I fell in love not only with him but the way he spoke,his lips dabbing after every meaningful word. I've never felt this way about someone my entire life,it's like a dream but I have to wake up now because I know he'll never be with a girl like me .

I shook my head and said,"It sounds good, if only I was as lucky as her. Did you know that I was this close to knowing who my parents we're, I brought my pointing and thumb fingers close to each other for emphasis  but the one opportunity I get goes away. He died right in front me and Jacob and we never got the chance to even say goodbye, you see Eric we had to learn the hard way that things don't come handed to us and that life is not a movie but if it was it would be the sad kinds with loss and death, I want to know,I need to know,so just tell me this moment I came off his bed and went down on my knees in front of him that you'll help me ".

He took my hand,stared into my face,placed his lips on mine and said"I will help you, I will do whatever I can to make you happy, I'll be yours and you'll be mine".

That was it. That's all I needed to hear,he completed only half of me and then he promised to help me find the missing pieces to the other half.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Then and there I knew he would be mine forever. I am his girl and he is my boy,it's been that way for the past few days. He would come home from school to see me and we would spend the whole evening together.