Chapter 5 : Men From Heaven

Jacob

These two good people were clearly sent from heaven,we try to steal from them and in return they treat us like family,feeding us,even offering jobs. It was a beautiful Monday morning and I woke Dianna up,thankfully her leg healed so she can walk freely again. We wanted to go to school today. Yes, school ,even though we're homeless and poor that's no explanation to not having an education. We didn't want Mr.Erickson thinking that we ran away so I visited his office. I walked up to his door and knocked on it twice.

"Enter "I heard him say.

"Good morning,Sir,my sister and I always go down to the old lady who lives in the beach house ,who tutors children our age,may we be excused?",I said the kindest way I could.

He said,"Listen to me son,I might've given you food and a home, but I don't have to know everywhere you go and what you do everyday so you're free to roam anywhere, also I hope you've been thinking about the job ".

"Yes sir I have and I agree to have the job, but sir I must know what the job is",I replied

He stood from his chair and walked over looking through his window and said "Anything, wash the car,shine my shoes,those little things. You'll be my maintenance man".
He turned around and walked up to me and said,"If you take this opportunity, I will help you find your parents ".

I was shocked at what he said,I wanted to know why such thing came to his mind,I tried to say something but I stuttered.

"Don't worry,your sister told my son,my son told me. Both of you shouldn't have to hide anything from us,we're good people and we can help you guys ,OK?"he said

I nodded to him and walked out and off my sister and I  went.