Chapter 2

Evan's P.O.V.

The next day I saw Vanessa's car drive by as I was walking to school. It made me think about how much of a show she puts on at school. I know I may not be the smartest guy around, but I could tell how much she put up a front at school. Well either way, I just wanted to have this tutoring to be over. I don't like being with people. I like to be alone with my thoughts and having her tutor me gets in the way. I got to school and it's the same thing, people giving nasty looks and whispering. I started for my locker and as I grabbed my stuff. I turned I was shoved up against my locker and noticed it was Johnny. He looked pissed and said" I heard you were with my girl yesterday, what the hell do you think your doing with her?" I just looked at him with a blank face and said" Well, she said she needed someone to talk to who wasn't jacked up on steroids." He punched my locker with his other hand still gripped on my shirt and asked" Want to say that again you little shit?"

Soon the bell rand and one of Johnny's minions tapped him on the shoulder to show him a teacher coming near them. Johnny then said" You better stay the hell away from my girl, or I'm gonna make sure you end up in the hospital." He let go and walked away. I smiled and thought he could never make me feel pain like I have had in the past. I'm not gonna lie saying I wasn't a little afraid of him. I mean he was huge compared to me, but I didn't let it affect me. I grabbed my stuff and went to my first class. The first few classes went by and soon it was lunch time. I sat at my table slowly eating my lunch. I noticed someone come up to me and saw it was her.

Vanessa's P.O.V

I saw Evan sitting at his table and walked over to him and said" So go ahead and meet me by my car again, only do it right after school. I don't have cheer leading practice today." He glared at me and said" I'm not your servant, I'm not gonna just do what you say." I just looked at him with a surprised face and he saw that and said" I guess your not used to people telling you no, well if you want to tutor me, you should ask nicely." I felt my face burn with anger. Who does this guy think he is, telling me off like that. I was about to tell him off, but that scholarship flashed in my head and I took a deep breath and calmly asked" Would you please meet me by my car again so we can study?" He smirked which made me even more pissed. He then said" Okay, I'll meet you there." I then nodded and stormed off. I can't believe this little punk. Here I am helping him study and he tells me off like that. I mean, I am doing this for my own benefit. But still, he should be more grateful.

I went back to my table and my friends of course wanted to know what that was all about. I lied and told them I had to explain to him how this helps him more then it helps me and he should be grateful for me helping him. They all looked at me with awe and Janis said" Oh, Vanessa, your so nice. He should feel so lucky to have someone as beautiful as you tutor him." Another girl chipped in and said" Yeah, how often does he have a beautiful girl talk to him." I smiled at hearing all they were saying, but it still burned me that I had to lie because he was being a little shit. Right before lunch ended, I saw Johnny and walked up to him and he turned to me looking pissed off and said" What the hell are you doing that loser Vanessa?" I gave him a annoyed look and said" Hey, I don't want to be with that loser, but I have to so I can get a great scholarship." He grunted and said" You don't need one, your parents can afford for you to go anywhere."

I was getting pissed at this point and told him" I don't want to rely on my parents if I don't have to. This is a great chance for me. I don't know why your so worked up about this in the first place anyway. Like you really have anything to be jealous of. Do you really have anything to worry about, I mean he's a loser and your the school's star quarterback." He finally took a deep breath and said" Yeah, I guess your right, I still don't like it. But then again I know you would never leave me for a loser like that." I smiled and said" Good, now let's get to class." He then leaned down and kissed me, and of course I made sure I reciprocated. He then let go and said" I'll text you later babe." He then left and I needed to hurry to get to my next class.