Chapter 4

So please comment and vote if you like it. Or comment if you don't like it, any feedback is good.

Evan's P.O.V.

I stood at the door looking at Vanessa confused and asked" Why?" She made a face and I continued" I mean, it's just I don't know why you want to hang out with me." She frowned and said" I just thought maybe you would want to hang out with someone. I guess forget it." She turned around and I don't know what came over me but I grabbed her by the arm and said" Wait, I'm sorry. It's just nobody has asked to you know, hang out with me recently." Her face soften and she said" Well I think it would be nice for us to hang out. How about I pick you up at 2 tomorrow and we go to a movie?" My jaw about dropped and I said" I think that would be fun." She smiled and said" Okay, see you tomorrow." I nodded and watched her get in her car and drive off. I shut the door and was in complete shock. Vanessa, the most popular girl at our school wants to go see a movie with me.

I locked the door and walked to my room. I laid on my bed thinking about today. I actually had a lot of fun with Vanessa. When we were playing Uno, I was laughing and having a good time. I haven't laughed like that since that grim day happened. I then thought about how much Vanessa was enjoying herself with me. She was laughing and having a good time with me. It was real, which was real compared to her having a good time at school. I then thought about when she asked me to a movie and how I asked on why she wanted to go with me. She had a look of disappointment and for some reason that made me want to change my mind. I felt myself getting tired and I never go to bed this early. But tonight I just needed to get some sleep and not think about why I needed to give Vanessa the time of day for anything.

Vanessa's P.O.V.

I was driving home still smiling thinking about the day I had. I had fun, and I mean real fun, not just me pretending to have fun. Don't get me wrong, I do have fun with my friends. But this was different and I wanted to hang out with Evan again. I pulled up to our house gate and let myself in. I walked in and to my surprise, my parents were home. I walked over and hugged both of them. They smiled and we sat down and chatted. I told them about the scholarship offered to me. My dad raised an eyebrow and said" You know you don't need one and  we can pay for any college you want to go to." I nodded and said" I know dad, I just wanted to rely on myself." He smiled and said" Okay, I understand. My baby girl is growing up." We chatted a little more and my mom asked" So how's your boyfriend Johnny?"

My first response should have been that he was great and we were doing fine but for some reason I said" Well I guess we're doing fine, he just seems so focused on other things." It was true, he always seemed to pay more attention to football or his friends more then me. I ignored most of it because I know he cares for me. My dad nodded and said" Well I'm sure he's trying his best, I know how it is to shuffle sports and school with having a girlfriend." I nodded and we chatted a little longer and I yawned and said" Okay, I think I'm ready for bed." I hugged them again before heading to my room. It was nice to talk to my parents. Their always are busy, so anytime I have with them is something I cherish. I laid on my bed and looked at my phone. Johnny hasn't called or texted me which normally pissed me off. But tonight I didn't seem to care all that much.

I was going through my facebook on my phone and saw I got a text. I thought it was Johnnie, then I saw it was Evan and it said" So if I remember, I was ahead in Uno. But thanks for today it was fun. I guess see you tomorrow. Good night." I smiled and texted back" You got lucky, I'll get you next time. Yeah I'll see you tomorrow. Good night." I put my phone down and decided to get some sleep. The next day I woke up and took a shower. I put on some make up and decided to put on some casual clothes. A simple pair of jeans and a T shirt. After I got ready I headed to Evan's house. I pulled up and got out of my car and knocked on his door. A few minutes he answered the door rubbing his eyes. He said" You said 2 and it's 11." She smiled and said" Well I had nothing to do, so I thought we could go now." He yawned and said" Fine come in while I get dressed." I nodded and walked in.