Chapter Twelve

Diaz staggered to his feet sluggishly and pointed at Eyden, ' I was just about to have her.' And he smiled.

Eyden stil held me firmly behind him, staring daggers at the Portuguese man.

'Don't you ever try that again Diaz, if you love your head!' he spat. 'This time you have not your sticks that breathe fire to stop me. And you cannot dare to face me in close combat.'

I was sure Diaz was listening intently because he hesitated to attack Eyden and then thought otherwise.

'Next time Eyden, next time,' he waved a finger at the Witong and staggered away. I felt myself breathe a sigh of relief.

'What the hell were you doing with him Mora?!!' Eyden yelled at me when Diaz had finally disappeared from sight.

I shook my head, 'He dropped his cowrie shells and I just wanted to give them back,' I shouted back, 'He just grabbed my hand and dragged me away!'

Eyden's head fell and I was sure he didn't want me to see the full extent of his rage, 'If I hadn't been watching you...'

I watched his hands clench into fists at his side, as his chest rose and fell heavily. I knew he had been worried about me and could not bear to be angry at me so I did the most logical thing anyone in my position would do. I walked up to Eyden and slowly raised my hands to his, in an attempt to uncurl his fists. His fingers softened at my touch and he slowly rose his eyes to mine.

They were pained and coloured with worry.

'If I hadn't gotten here in time...' I cut him off by laying my other thumb to his lips.

'You were in time,' I whispered, holding his gaze as I rubbed my fingers over his jaw.

'You saved my virtue Eyden.'

He just looked at me, his lips parting slightly as his gaze fell to my lips instinctively.

'Thankyou.' I whispered as I licked my lips slowly, my head drawing closer to his like an insect to a flame. Without thinking, I raised myself on tip toes and lay a soft kiss to his lips, and let myself linger there, just so I could feel his breath on my lips and hear the beating of his heart through my hands at his neck.

Then I broke away slowly and looked into his eyes, daring him to make the next move.

Eyden raised his hands to the small of my back and pressed himself firmly against him.

'Kiss me again princess,' his voice making my blood boil, as his he ravished me just with his eyes.

I enjoyed the challenge he bestowed upon me in that moment and against my better judgement, I kissed him again. Not slowly and not too fast as I was no expert at it but just enough to make him want me more than he had just moments before.

His big arms slid to my thigh and wrapped it around him before he lifted me entirely off the ground and we staggered toward a bigger tree. I moaned his name as he grazed his teeth along my neck, sending shivers down my spine and heat pooling at my core.

'Isn't this what you wanted princess? he said to me between kisses, but I had not the words to answer him.

Eyden quickly took off his lion's mane and lay it on the grass before laying me there. I stared at his beauty as he crawled over me, marveling at his great build, as his muscled flexed to support him so that he would not crush me little frame.

My hand cradled his jaw, and I made him look at me, as if I was peering into his soul, telling him all my deep dark secrets just with my eyes. In that fleeting moment, I felt his arms part my legs as his arm slid upwards along my thigh and up my skirt.