CHAPTER FIVE

Eyden walked into our hut in a savage-like manner I really expected him to possess. I had to accept, I had a lot against Witongs, Eyden in particular. We both got to our feet, Anora quicker than I was and glared at him.

'You are not supposeed to be here,' I said, finding my voice, amidst the fear I was feeling.

'I am the Witong of Lango, and I shall be wherever I pease to be,' he took a large threatening step in our direction. I had forgotten we were prisoners to a man who had no feelings. When he saw that I was speechless,he went on to say.

'I will to speak with you Princess,' there was nothing kind in the tone he used and I could clearly see that he was in no way happy. Still, I had the courage to protetst.

'Well I do not,' I hissed.

The sparkle of anger in his eyes nearly threw me to the ground. 'You will, come with me at once, or Lubanga help me I will make you regret why you crossed me in the first place.'

Trembling, yes, of course I was trembling. I did not doubt that this man could kill me if he pleased, and Anora was not helping by hold my arm a thousand times tighter.

'Just go,' she was saying. I hated being subdued, but right then, I had no choice whatsoever. I was a prisoner.

'I said,' he mentioned within clenched teeth, 'come with me at once!' it was a snarl from deep within his chest. Right then, I felt like a gazelle and he was the lioness, which was supposed to eat  me. However, I kept my cool.

'Fine,' I countered and took a small step toward him. He  stood at the door and let me pass, and I wondered if he could hear the loud banging in my chest.

We walked a disatnce of six yards or so, I a bit faster, and yet it seemed he did not notice that he was falling behind.

'What did you want to say to me Witong?' I addressed him by his title.

I heard him breathe deeply, then speak,'I wanted to make one thing clear,' his voice was firm and punishing, 'I do  not relish in housing homeless people. And yet you make it harder for me to please my generals who wish you to be here.'

I didn't turn to look at him. I couldn't.

'You do not like our presence here?' I  tried to walk faster, habouring the thought of an escape.

'I do not,' he answered immediately,' So start obeying me, and make your stay somewhat bearable.'

The fool! Did he honestly think I wanted to be here? Or did he think I enjoyed doing what he said? If I had a choice, I would have sought help elswhere. But Lubanga punished me by making sure there was only one Witong on the planet. So I helped him. I ran.

I bet my right arm he did not see that coming. Even with his super strong witongness, he did not expaect me to even dare to make such a move.

'Jobalo!' I heard him curse when I was just into the trees, before he began to give chase.

Thank the gods I was as fast as many used to say. If he were to catch me, I would at least give him a hard time.

'Princess!' he roared behind me. Oh yes, he was angry, very angry. And he was getting closer. I began to panic, trying to get through the relatively thick bush.

I looked behind, and he was so close. Just at my heels now. And I knew why they called him the head of the spear. He was always the predator, and he could not be fooled. I hated myself for hoping I could fool him. In a few seconds after that he caught up withme when I was at the edge of the stream and we both lunged into it. He grabbed me with strong hands and lifted me out ofthe freezing water onto dry land.