5. Courtyard Drama

(Continuation)

My voice caught in my throat and my mouth went dry. I quickly turned around and took a sip of the drink on the table. My throat had became really dry and I couldn't think of a reason why.

At least a reasonable one.

"You two know each other?" My mother asked.

"Yeah, we go to the same school." I quickly responded and anxiously tapped my foot.

"Hmm, you like your new school?" She motioned to him.

"Actually I've been going to school here for years. We're just new to the neighborhood." He responded.

The chair beside my scraped the floor and a presence was felt beside me. I didn't bother to look up just kept my eyes forward on the food I had suddenly lost my appetite for.

"May I be excused?" I lowly mumbled.

"Are you okay sweetheart?" His mom questioned me.

"Yes, I just would like to wash my hands before I eat." I tried to sound as normal as possible.

"Oh, okay. Well down the hall second door on the left."

"Thank you." It was almost inaudible due to how fast I exited the area.

Once I made sure I was in the right room, I closed the door and leaned against it. For the first time, I could take a deep breath without looking like I was having a panic attack.

I turned on the water and splashed my face a little and washed my hands. The cool water relaxed my body heat a little and my mind-

Knock Knock

I jumped from the sound of a hard knock on the door and swallowed hard.

"Just a minute."

I wiped my face and made sure I looked okay before opening the door without looking up from my feet. Once I made sure the door was closed, I felt a hard something on my back which made me jump even more.

I turned and was met by some eyes. I was to caught up in them to look away. I blinked then cleared my throat and stepped to the side and he followed.

"Excuse me. " I mumbled and moved again but he turned the same direction. I looked up and scrunched up my face.

"Wassup with you?" He questioned.

"Pardon me?"

"Wassup. With. You ?" He asked and I looked around then back to him.

"Uhm nothing." I shrugged and began to play with hoodie strings. My attitude was beginning to surface the more I thought about him standing here.

"You acting all weird and shit." Again, I shrugged and went to move again but he followed and blocked my path.

"You feel some type of way towards me or something?"

I rose my eyebrows. "No, why would I?"

He didn't say anything just ran his hand across the back of his neck and then a flash of memory came across my eyes.

"Earlier you-"

I rolled my eyes at him, remembering how him and his friends tried to try me earlier. I had no reason to be mad because him being who he was, I should have known he was trying to be just nice.

Chris, August and Tremaine were well known for their skills on and off the court. If playing girls were an requirement in high school to graduate, those three would be on high honor roll and Chris would be valedictorian of our class.