25. Crossing The Line

The Following Monday

Paige POV

"Good Morning." I said stepping into Chris car. For some odd reason, he wanted to drive me this morning.

I didn't turn him down due to me not wanting to drive this morning and plus, I'd enjoyed his company for the past few days.

"Wassup?" He looked over at me and eyed me up and down. It was raining today, so I through on a jacket over myself.

"Nothing, wassup?" I reached for my seatbelt and when I turned back, he had started the car but never pulled off.

I eyed him as he stared at me. "Paige, would you believe me if I told you I cared about you?"

I frowned, wondering where he was going with this. "Yes, I'd like to think you care about me." He was sighed and put the gear in drive and continue to drive off.

"Why did you ask me that?" I stared at him then to my phone. He grabbed my hand, and brought his lips to it.

"Because, even though my boys are there for me. Paige, you take me on a whole new level of trust.

"Wow, I don't know what to say."

He chuckled. "Just keep doing what you doing and you'll be all right." He squeezed my hand letting me know how he felt.

The ride consisted of us mainly staring at each other and singing random songs that played on the radio.

This isn't my first time riding to school with him at all, so I was at least comfortable.

We were almost to the school when he came to an abrupt stop.

"Chris what are you doing?" I questioned, getting nervous. "Look, I need a favor that's gonna benefit you more than myself?"

I nodded. "Okay what is it?"

"I need you to get dropped off in the back of the school." He said looking direct at me.

"Okay, ha ha. Very funny. C'mon man, pull up." I joked with him only for his face to never change. "Your serious right now? It's raining!"

"Paige, just listen. It's not like that. I just don't want anybody getting the wrong ideas about you and I , more of you because you mean a lot to me. And I-"

"If I mean a lot to you like you say, why can't you just drop me off in the front and check any of those people that have something to say. If I was your so called friend, why don't you want to be seen with me?"

"Slim, it's not that. I just-" He started but I tuned him out by grabbing my things and reaching for the door.

It was locked. "Unlock it now!"

"No, I'm dropping you off at the school."

"UNLOCK THE DAMN DOOR!" I semi -yelled with tears down my face. He bit his lip and shook his head. I quickly reached of over, unlocking it, and opened my door.

I zipped up my jacket and started speed walking towards my destination. I briefly looked back once I heard the sound of a horn going off.