Chapter 14

The night passed without any more problems or confrontations between Pan and I, fading quickly into the morning. I awoke a bit later than usual, finding that Pan was already gone, but the tree house wasn't the only thing that was nearly empty.

The camp was the quietest I had ever seen it, with only about five boys sitting around whittling sticks and sharpening their homemade weapons. My eyebrows furrowed in confusion as I took in the odd atmosphere of camp, quickly collecting myself and putting on a smile as a few of the boys said good morning to me as I passed by.

I made my way through the woods, blindly following the sound of something smacking against wood. I reached the clearing we collected fire wood at most of the time and spotted Felix easily.

I stood there quietly with my arms crossed across my chest for a few moments watching as he whacked a tree branch with his club a few times and then stooping down to collect the fallen pieces under his cloak.

"Gonna' stand there all day or are you gonna' help me?" He called easily in that slow, nonchalant tone he always spoke in without even glancing at me.

I pushed off of the tree with my foot and approached him with a smirk, pulling a small hatchet made out of wood and an arrow head out of my belt. "Where is everyone?"

"Training." He replied, turning to face me while wiping some sweat off of his grimy face. "Didn't know about that?" I shook my head. "Pan makes the boys do some target practice and hand on hand combat fighting whenever he senses someone new coming to the island."

"Me?" I asked, slicing a thick piece of wood off a fairly low branch and passing it to him.

"Someone new." He replied causing me to frown.

"I am new." I stared at him with wide eyes, reaching out to grasp his arm causing him to freeze. "Devin said the same thing, that I'm not exactly new. That I've been here for a while even though it only feels like it's been about a month."

"Pan controls everything that goes on in Neverland, including the effects time has on us, it's why we don't age. He does it to mess with us. Kind of to make sure we're still a little thrown off even when we think we're not." He must of noticed my confused expression as he placed his free hand on my shoulder, his tall frame towering over me. "Look at it this way and it'll ease your mind a bit, everything you think know is backwards."

I nodded slowly, taking in the information and processing it. "How long have I really been here?"

"Only Pan knows for su-"

"Felix." I pleaded, cutting him off.

"If I had to guess," He turned his gaze back to me. "A few years."

~Short chapter, I know, don't hurt me! I'm working out what I'm going to do with Elsa, so the next few chapters will be longer.:)~