A Life before Death Chapter 1

"Miss Martin!" Lydia Martin looked up from her book to her history teacher, Mr. Ross, with a smirk on her face.
"Yes Mr. Ross" she said playfully. Everyone giggled.
The bell rings, "never mind, okay everyone we'll finish up tomorrow. Lydia you stay." Lydia took her boyfriend, Jackson, and kissed him hard and then smiled as he left the room.
"Lydia" he said.
"Yes" she responded while sliding her finger along her desk.
"You're a smart girl... You're falling behind in class... I can't keep passing you...."
"I never asked you to pass me" she said to him.
"Right, I know... I'm just saying that if you don't do and finish this paper about World War 11, I'm going to have to fail you, and if you fail, you will be held back."
Lydia's lips parted a little, she was scared because behind that mean girl act is actually someone who wants success.
"Of course I'll do it" she said with a smile and walked out the classroom. She started to think about whether or not she would have time to do it.

As Lydia was standing by her locker, her phone rings. It was her mother.
"Yes" Lydia answers.
"Lydia, I need you go come get from the hospital, my car is in the shop" her mother tells her.
"Can I have the keys to the lake house? I'll pick you up if you say yes."
"Why do you want the lake house?" Her mother ask.
"I want to cook dinner for Jackson, a date, I promise nothing will happen, I want it for Friday."
"Fine just come pick me up because I hate hospitals!" Her mother said and then hangs up.

Lydia put a big smile on her face and then texted out to everyone in the school that she was throwing a party on Friday and everyone was invited.

Lydia may seem ordinary for now because her life was different. She got everything she ever asked for. Lydia lives in a perfect life and of course she loves it but it turned her into a bitch. When her life changes, she changes, she became caring especially with her friends. Protecting each other was the biggest priority.